Soundcloud removing groups!

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Trevor Gordon, Aug 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Trevor Gordon

Trevor Gordon Platinum Record

Well, there goes most of my listens and listens for other artists! Who else is a little frustrated by this?

3. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

been using www.hearthis.at instead recently. It's the hipster thing to do.

4. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Well possible explanations include:
    1. It's soundcloud. They're notorious for doing dumb shit.
    2. It's called Sound-CLOUD not sound-safe. Even if you can put your house on a cloud, sometimes the cloud gets hit by a plane, & the cloud breaks, making your house go from 0 to 10,000 MPH real quick resulting in a wizard of oz scene.
    3. Maybe the groups by other artists were removed by the artists themselves?
    4. Soundcloud made them private because the user(s) you speak of put too much content on their account, exceeding the limitations of their membership? The paid Soundcloud memberships are not worth it, IMHO.
    5. Nobody uses soundcloud anymore. Even my overly-patient ass is losing tolerance of it. Every single time I upload a track, within 2 minutes I get bombarded with 3-9 fake followers & fake likes who all claim to sell "buy fake followers & become a soundcloud superfart" services. I immediately go & block them all & report them as spam. But it's a pain in the ass & I shouldn't have to go thru that every fucking time I post a track. Does anyone else have these problems? Or am I just being stalked by some KGB workers or something. Lol. Thankfully I professionally copyright my music with the federal copyright office.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  5. Trevor Gordon

Do you have any other suggestions for sharing music? Soundcloud seem to be the best I've come across (even with the flaws)

6. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

7. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Kapellmeister

Not just the best choice but the most popular apparently, which in a way is good for oneself. That's why it is much bothering to face all these trouble.

8. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Soundcloud should pay attention to criticisms from users. I've been disgruntled with it for years, but finding someone else's song at the top of my page, above all my songs, because it's "promoted," really pisses me off. I could pay at least $7 a month for "pro" service, so that my page would have only my songs (which is the idea) on it, but that would amount to $84 a year just for the privilege of not being insulted - or to paying ransom to have my page not be a platform for promoting someone else's music.

I learned not to "follow" anyone else, because doing so results in one of their tracks' playing at random after a couple of mine have played.

9. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I will create my own space and call it Myspace.
    Im a genius.:mad:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  10. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

I like that too. I wouldn't say it was creepy, but it also wouldn't sound out of place being played at an S&M club.
    Must admit I quite like the site too. There may not be as many people on it, but that may be a good thing, as it will be less cluttered with EDM.
    Had a quick scroll down the most popular section. Saw a lot of DJ mixes, a few individual tracks that definitely seemed to be from all genres.
    Still a lot of remixes though. I've got nothing against remixes, but wouldn't it be great to have a site like this, where you only posted original content.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Yup i absolutley bloody well detest those guys who send those sc msgs..
    Recently i been gettin another real good one about this group wanting to promote me and that hes a real dude etc etc....
    Thats all well and good until i then recieved 8 more of the exact same msgs from the same group worded the same way but with a different users name....
    The only group so far on sc to approach me that hasnt been full of shit is Ear Crush
    But its invite only i think.......

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  12. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

you will soon see, that sc will do the same like facebook, promote your upload. the groups are only in the way there, because you could a big amount of people to listen to your work and give feedback.

soundcloud has to return to be profitable again, so they change things here and there.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Trevor Gordon

Yeah, I got invited to ear crush too, but it didn't peak my interest. There's so many sites like that, and they don't seem to be very effective.

14. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Yeah i actually ended up leaving too..sure my plays went up exponentially but that was it,so back to sc i went....

15. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

16. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

What about bandcamp? I've heard nice stuff about them. Never signed up though.

17. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

A couple of days ago I released an Album on BandCamp and uploaded a snippet to SoundCloud and wanted to send it via PM to ALL my followers to promote it a bit and then I realized that they disabled that feature a long time ago. So I said, okay, fuck it, then let me at least post it to relevant groups so they can check it out. And then I realized, oh shit they locked this shit down too?!

So we, as independent artists/musicians basically built this shit from the ground up with millions of tracks as far as its networth and size is concerend and we even pay them money to use the shit to provide a fresh platform for music distributions. And these fuckers just try to cash in, ride corporate dick and then lock us out from getting some shine?

I want to sell and promote Synth presets too and use SoundCloud for demos. I think I need to find an alternative. I am not a huge fan of ihearthis.

18. muaB

muaB Producer

just as i read your post i wanted to visit the site and came across this on the main page.

Faith in bandcamp: lost

.... and soundcloud how we know it will def. go down as it looks now

19. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

SoundCloud is headed down the same path as myspace,same pattern.
    First they make something great,invest in it,people love it,then they slowly ruin it sell it and open a new great site that goes the same path.
    If you remember myspace had a huge following it rivaled facebook back then and then they started implementing stupid ideas,ruined the page with ridiculous coding that made it slow and awkward till people fully migrated to facebook.
    Back then myspace was a great site to promote your music,its was amazing,today its shit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. Batoumba

Batoumba Producer

yeah i hate that whenever i upload a track on sc i get like 1-100 fake likes and hearts and followers , they are all beautifull ladies with a single track in their profile , which is an ad for buying likes by the thousands. Some days ago i got followed by Monica Belucci too, she had the ad track on her profile too. I want to know if someone real is listening to the track and/or liked it not fake $$$grabberz.

had to come in to ask you though , has everyone here forgotten about http://www.soundclick.com/default.cfm ??

I have made 10-15 profiles over there , some of them where like 10 years ago and had forgotten of them. still after so many years they hadnt even deleted my tracks or profiles , has a cool pop-up player , and many cool features , like manager and subgroups . I think whats kept it behind is the easiness the soundcloud "post on forum and facebook" player has.

myspace was an amazing platform , its a shame what happened , it could easily have wiped facebook from the face of earth if it had done things differently

21. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

This is not like mix cloud. Is it for musicians?
    SoundCloud has really become junk.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016