Soundcloud Pro

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by railkiller2376, Apr 9, 2022.

1. casesmear

casesmear Member

Not sure if it's still relevant for you, but today (May 9th): Only this week: Buy Pro Unlimited at 50% discount.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  2. vladimir guerrero

vladimir guerrero Kapellmeister

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Thank you @vladimir guerrero!

4. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

I agree with him and that you are a very generous human being. Huge kudos to you :) :bow:

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Thank you @BaSsDuDe!

6. once upon a time soundcloud was great. but that quickly changed when they started trying to monetize (without fairly paying indie artists), data farm and sell the platform. sound familiar? they followed (and continue to follow) the streaming platform trend of fucking over indie artists. their investors are a whos who list of companies that have fucked over indie artists and the entire music industry. also they started automating song removal based on shitty inaccurate algos. I had years of official remixes with tens of thousands of plays and comments wiped out. they removed without notice and they would not reinstate without jumping through all sorts of ridiculous bureaucratic hoops. some of, if not the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. unless youre a big name major label artist, they dont give a shit about you. unless you make ghetto gangsta "soundcloud" rap and your market is in the usa, I would never pay them for anything, its a total waste of money and resources. the site is not "global" or globally accessible as they advertise all over the platform, for obvious investor association reasons. the most I would ever use the site for is a short promo clip linking to other pages I (or label) have control over. good luck with that.

7. nctechno

nctechno Kapellmeister

If you got a consideral amount of plays i can only recommend to go for pro unlimited and monetize as you will make back your money several times over.

If you are looking for an alternative though there is https://audius.co/, a blockchain based project, completely free, unlimited uploads and superb 320 kbps quality (soundcloud quality stays trash unless you listeners got Go+)

8. sure sure, if you are a solo indie artist not on a label and not using a distributor (i.e. no middleman, direct uploads), plus youre single, live with parents and have no bills, have a million followers and get a million streams each and every month, month in and month out, maybe its worth it... oh but wait, how much does soundcloud pay? thats right, we dont know because its a secret. can you say shady af. all indications point to soundcloud pays the same as (or worse than) any other streaming service, which is to say they pay shit if youre indie not on a major label (that partner owns soundcloud). basically, 1,000,000 streams = $2000-4000 USD. thats a poverty level income. in most major cities you will be homeless on that income. now try getting a million streams every month to support yourself and your music career, at poverty level homelessness. and if youre getting 12,000,000 + streams per year, you dont need soundcloud, soundcloud needs YOU!

320kbps "superb" :rofl: and blockchain? how tf is that going to pay my monthly bills to fund my next record, marketing budget, merch and tour? puleeeeease... come on

9. Barry T

Barry T Producer