Soundcloud Pro

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by railkiller2376, Apr 9, 2022.

1. railkiller2376

railkiller2376 Ultrasonic

Hello Guys,

I know the question is a little bit stupid, but does anyone know when Soundcloud makes a sale for their Pro Version again? I realized so far, that last time it was almost end of 2021 when they made a deal if I remember right.
    I think it is a lot of money, so a deal would be perfect.

Thanks in advance.

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

No one knows if and when such action will return.

4. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Exactly. SoundCloud support doesn't answer anything about that.
    I have SoundCloud PRO (not UNLIMITED) with 6 hours of upload time. Been using that plan since 2013 and even that plan doesn't exist anymore I have to press them down each year to continue with it.

Even then they gradually raised the pricing - in 2013 it was €29.00 and last year €35.00.\

My subscription is about to renew by the end of this month and waiting to see how it will be :unsure:

5. railkiller2376

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your answers!
    @playtime Am I right, does Soundcloud offer Pro Unlimited only now? And are you satisfied wit h your Pro account? My question is; I saw that most Pro unlimited users have a lot more streams then free users....Would I reach a larger audience with the Pro Unlimited Account? (That would be the only reason for me to purchase it....) Thanks!

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You should take your marketing into your own hands and make as many postings as possible in forums. I would take the standard model - there you save 4 EUR per month, that calculate times on 10 years. I do not believe in marketing promises that you will be better promoted.

1.) SOUNDCLOUD GO+
    • 9,99 €/month**
    • Ad-free playback
    • Save as many tracks as you want for offline playback
    • Access all tracks in full length
    • Mix tracks with selected DJ apps
    • High quality audio
    • Try free for 30 days

YOUR SUBSCRIPTION SUPPORTS ARTISTS
    As a Go+ subscriber, you contribute to the royalty payments SoundCloud uses to support independent artists and help them break through.
    *New users are entitled to a one-time 7-day free trial of SoundCloud Go. Users in Québec, Canada, are excluded from the offer.
    **New users are entitled to the SoundCloud Go+ trial for free for 30 days on a one-time basis. Users in Québec, Canada, are excluded from the offer.

2.) SOUNDCLOUD GO
    • 5,99 €/month*
    • Ad-free playback
    • Save as many tracks as you want for offline playback
    • Access to all tracks in full length
    • High quality audio

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. playtime

playtime Rock Star

@BEAT16 gave you very well explanation of pro's and cons and I agree with it.

As for the paid plans: I see that SC offers SoundCloud Unlimited only. This PRO plan I still use does not exist anymore but I was able to extend it as long-time user. Suits my needs well for now :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I have a free account on SoundCloud but I use it very little - mostly for sharing my field recordings with ppl who can guide me about recording techniques, edit issues, equipment etc - I can live with the fact that the space conditions are a bit modest.

Paying money for a service like this, let´s say 5,99 €/month or more isnt an option here - thats too crazy imho.

In your case:
    Isnt there any alternatives or is SoundCloud Pro your only choice?

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

A free YouTube channel.

The distribution for everyone: Bandcamp

The American music platform Bandcamp is not directly comparable to SoundCloud. On the Berlin-based site, demos, remixes and edits are often uploaded by a large community. Bandcamp is mainly interesting for real releases (singles, EPs and LPs). Basically, the more niche your music is, the better off it is on Bandcamp. And there are a lot of them, even outside of electronic genres (new genres and acts are presented daily in the "Daily" newsletter).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Bandcamp perhaps but YouTube.... ;-)

11. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. railkiller2376

Thanks Guys! I was perhaps too credulous to believe that a Soundcloud Pro account would reach more people as a normal one.
    @BEAT16 Thanks for the detailed explaination!

13. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Which feature of Soundcloud Pro do you need ?

How about this: AUDIOMACK they offer unlimited FREE uploads and a fancy player.

14. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Im satisfied with SoundCloud :wink:
    It was a question for @railkiller2376

15. railkiller2376

@phloopy sorry for the delay! Actually I would need unlimited upload time and what I thought was, that a PRO account reaches a wider audience on SC. I have of course a YT channel with 211 followers only and it is hard to get streams with Ambient and Future Garage music on YT. It seems that a lot of people who make these genres are more active and successful on SC. (Beside some huge YT channels, where it is almost impossible to get on a playlist - That was the result of my research). And I have Bandcamp also, there I am acually satisfied.

16. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

One of the best reasons for using Bandcamp if you have a huge following is their percentages.
    The artists get substantially more on Bandcamp (75%-85%) than they will get from CDBaby, Soundcloud, Spotify, YouTube, Pandora, iTunes and other streaming and sale sites. As for better? I am not going there - Too many variables - That is a can of worms...

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  17. waverider

waverider Rock Star

There's also some scenes or communities that are pretty big on Soundcloud, so if you want to be active in those, then you can't really avoid going there.

18. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Keep in mind that the competition is getting bigger and bigger every day, making it harder and harder for you. You also have to bring a high level of quality and ingenuity if you want to be successful with it, if you want to earn money with your music, it is even more difficult. Post everywhere, get a nice logo, always be nice and friendly and make very good music. You can also make a CD ROM and send it to all kinds of people, your address and a well designed booklet will be very helpful. Be better than the competition.

19. playtime

playtime Rock Star

+ I would add Online presence, networking and being quick with replies when others reach out to you :wink:

20. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

I had the Soundcloud Pro (that is not available anymore) suscription since 2011, I cancel it in 2020 because of COVID to save a little money. I saw my playing drop from 1500/2000 plays each week to 500 plays.

I had a little test with their streaming revenue and it went up to 3-4$ each month, but this was before their new payment system that differenciate Soundcloud Go user and free users.

Once work start to come back, I wanted to retake the same suscription, as their were launching this new revenue share system which is suppose to be more fair, so basically my 3-4$ would became 6-8$ (and be more than the suscription price I previously paid - 50$/year), but it was impossible to go back to that Pro plan (so if you got that plan already, don't stop it) and so I had to take the Unlimited plan (at 144$ a year I think).

At the end, after a year of this new revenue system, my revenue didn't change (still 3-4$ each month like before the change), but my play count went back to when I had my suscription, so suscription really does impact your reach.

It's good that the unlimited plan is "only" 144 now (used to be 500$ when I first start to suscribe, so the Pro plan was a really good deal), but shame that they stop that "Pro" alternative (even though it still there as old suscriber can still have it - if they don't cancel).

The big thing I'm not confortable with is that free user don't have access to stream revenue, even though they provide content, so basically you have to pay to be paid and since it's a big suscription plan only, you just got a sort of discount (only if you got enough play). Still better money than Spotify.

But it still a good plateform, and a good way to direct listener to your Bandcamp account for download. All my track are free to download there, I try to sell them for a few month, but I make more money when they're on free download with the "pay what you want" option, which is kind of ironic. The combination of the 2 service (using the free version of Bandcamp) and at the end I go Soundcloud almost for free (so big regret that I stop the "Pro" plan, cause it was 100$ less for the same reach, just less statistic and a 6h time limit of upload)

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  21. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Report time: Well today was the day when my SoundCloud PRO plan was due to expire and I was keen to know what will happen.

So far good news - I still get to keep it even if it officially doesn't exist anymore. And they charged me the same price: €35,00 for another year.