sound test - metal

Discussion in 'DJ Mixsets' started by Lotnique, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Lotnique

Lotnique Newbie

Hey!
    Im recording new material for my band and I need opinion about this sound. What do you think?

http://soundcloud.com/lotnique/exgwest2

3. MARJU GRLYO

MARJU GRLYO Noisemaker

Very good man ! Guitar sound is just awesome ! I would like to record such guitars at home ! lol

What gear you used ? And how much layers of guitars ?

I'm not too much into metal (I'm more into rock etc...) but this track is very "dynamic", it's full of life, the melodies are very nice to hear, I can only say "Bravo !" :mates:

The only "problem" is the... What is it ? A lead guitar on the second half ? We can't really hear what it plays... This melody sounds weird but I can't really hear it so... :dunno:

But with vocals it won't be a problem anymore !

And THANK YOU VERY MUCH for using/playing real instruments ! Too much electronic/techno stuff out there, I'm sick !

Ps : I just see you have posted on the DJ section, there's a "Our music" section on the main page where you can post your tracks !

4. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

If you want a little constructive input, I have played this type of music in several bands, and produced for many years.

I would completely change what the drums are playing, I would rather hear the drums playing a beat, or add to your drums more fills and flourishes, maybe a little double kick action.

Trust me, this would really bring this track to life.

You have a great beginning track here just needs a little more work.

I am wondering what the rock scene is like in Poland?

5. rimshooter123

rimshooter123 Noisemaker

Uhh, Meshuggah style... perfectly mixed and mastered! :wink:

I guess it's a kind of song starter / intro... how will the track continue? melodic/progressive as Textures? strictly Meshuggah? Modern Djent to Metalcore?
    I suppose/hope the drums will never "playing a beat". that wouldn't fit to the genre.

I'd like to hear more... what is the name of your band?

6. gruzina

gruzina Newbie

great intro m8
    the drums sound's is good , and the guitars are rock'n !
    some technical tips for you if you like :
    your snare is kick'n right in the place and I can hear it loud N clear...
    but your bass drum is buried some where under everything .... you can EQ it (I know it is already EQ'd) but you can EQ it a little bit at the top end (some where around 5-8K 2-3db max) and compress a little bit more than you have compressed ....
    and to make your drums totally stand out and shine over the guitars use paralel compression ....
    great music mate I Like your style

7. Lotnique

Lotnique Newbie

Thank you guys for all opinions and sugestions!!! I'm a little suprised!

MARJU GRLYO - sorry, I accidentally posted this in DJ section :) It would be great if someone could move it to "our music".

Burninstar - this is only sound test, in the future you could hear double kick for sure :) Rock scene in Poland? Maybe you heared about Behemoth and Vader - this bands are known outside Poland. In fact we have a lot of really great bands but... probably you will never hear them. Noone want to invest in alternative music and most of this bands making music on computer (like mine) and giving it for free. I think nowdays music is only for people with real passion. And really subborn.

rimshooter123 - you can hear more music I made here ---> pl-pl.facebook.com/pureinception or www.myspace.com/pureinception

gruzina - I'll try to use you "tricks". THX!

8. evilevoix

evilevoix Newbie

Wow you have a great guitar sound here, very professional...punchy, tight, etc... I'd love to learn more about how you achieve this. Please check out some of my metal tunes here:
    http://soundcloud.com/evilevoix

Though I think they sound OK I'm not getting that type of sound. What are you using/doing to get such a massive tone?

9. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

I've pretty much overcome this kind of music but I listen to it sometimes. I too think the guitars should be a bit more in the back. I can't tell if they're peaking or if the distortion is too crunchy, maybe you'd like to define it a bit more. Maybe a bit wetter drums and less bassy on the whole, so that the bass and lead have room to be a bit more defined too. Good sound overall though.