Sound/Sample Help

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by CaliReign, May 26, 2014.

1. CaliReign

CaliReign Noisemaker

I'm tryin to find out what song the "Whistle" sound at :09 & plays throughout the whole song comes from originally? Also, if you anyone can help me get close to recreating the sound would be awesome. It's been buggin me for a few days that I can't think of the song it originally came from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN-nJseJdP4

3. eksproducer

eksproducer Member

I think you can use a regular "whistle/flute" soundfont. If you're looking to make a "scott storch arabian whistle" Type of sound like on this track, i suggest you turn the soundfont/vst preset from poly to mono to prevent them from making chords. Turn the legato up slightly. The key here is to use arabic scales... i'm not familliar with notes nor chords. Im north-african myself but i'm unexpierenced with composing arab melodies. I suggest you go find out how to make these arab melodies/scale. And you'll probably got it from there (I never tried this myself so excuse me if im wrong)