Sound Refinery - Instant bass help!

Discussion in 'PC' started by adhav, Mar 23, 2012.

1. adhav

adhav Newbie

Hi Everyone..I have Sound Refinery - Instant bass(kontakt) in ableton live. i want to use it with a midi file. however the notes only hit the playback keys. anyone knows how to play it like a normal instrument with a midi file?

i like its rich sound. so help is needed.

3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Adhav,

You must to load the desired MIDI File(s) on a regular MIDI Channel (Track), then assign the output of this Channel to another that can handle Audio (Audio Channel or Track). Then, in this Audio Channel/Track you load your 'Instant Bass' as a Virtual Instrument (as usual when you want to play a VSTi).
    This way, you MIDI File is playing like a regular MIDI File but its output (notes, velocity, CC's,... in fact all the MIDI events) is feed through the Audio Channel that use the sound of the desired VSTi (in this case 'Instant Bass').​

4. svmiller

svmiller Newbie