Sound Radix 32 Lives opinion

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by nyplugin, Mar 22, 2015.

1. nyplugin

nyplugin Guest

Hi guys,

How is it the 32 lives? It's working good with Altiverb 6 and Softube Studio collection?

I remember a while ago it had some issues with presets and it also was not very reliable.

I'm on LPX 10.1 with Yosemite and I'm thinking of give it a try again.

Let me know your opinions!

Thanks!

3. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

I haven't used it with the plugins you mention, but i have been using it without hitch for months now, allows me to use 64bit daw, have not had a problem.

4. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

I'm also on LP 10.1/Yosemite, and since 10.0 on Mountain Lion, the Softube plug-ins I've used worked fine with 32 Lives – except when tempo-syncing was involved. The result would be fading-in/-out of the audio on the track on which the effect was applied.

I've looked for 64-bit updates to plug-ins or for 64-bit alternatives, but nothing else sounds like Softube's plug-ins (for example, the tape echo, spring reverb, the Trident A-Range EQ).

However, I have not read any reports of others having the tempo-syncing problem – nor any explanation as to why Softube is lagging behind in developing for 64-bit.

5. nyplugin

nyplugin Guest

Ok, so the FET Compressor and the Tube-Tech CL 1B work good I suppose. That's what I'm interested in. I love those plugs! :)

6. nyplugin

nyplugin Guest

I tried to install Altiverb 6 and everything looks good but I cannot pass the au validation on Logic X. The plugin is resurrected but it doesn't work on Logic. I tried to check the 'use' box but still nothing. Any solution?

7. nyplugin

nyplugin Guest

Guys do you know why Altiverb doesn't show up on Logic X? It works on DP8 but not in Logic

8. Anonymous363

Anonymous363 Noisemaker

My link
    It should work actually, check the link, altiverb is fully compatible

9. nyplugin

nyplugin Guest

It doesn't work, probably it's LPX 10.1 fault because it works good on DP8.

After quite a research I decided to uninstall Sound Radix 32 and all the 32 bit plugins. It's not fully reliable, there are problems with presets too so I decided to clean it.

I'm using Liquidsonics Reverberate till I can afford to buy Altiverb 7, and softube :D

10. The LT

The LT Ultrasonic

It's also a good idea to validate some plug-ins in native 32 bit hosts like Ableton before wrapping them up.

11. smaug

smaug Newbie

Just a heads-up that you can get Altiverb 6 to pass Logic's validation, but only if you register it as a straight audio fx rather than a midi-controlled fx. To do this open the Altiverb AU package and use a hex editor to change 'aumf' to 'aufx' in the package's .rsrc file. Logic will no longer try and validate the midi functions, which crashed the validation. This may reduce the functionality but I'm not sure by how much.