Sound Quest Midi Quest Instruments Library (.sqz)

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by Tekniques, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Tekniques

Tekniques Newbie

Hi All & Happy New Year!
    I was wondering if any one would like to share the (not here, but you know where :wink:) Midi Quest Instruments library if possible.
    I am specifically looking for the Moog Slim Phatty .sqz file, I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks in advance.

3. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

you can normally login to the ftp with the mq 12 from the sister site, when you open "install instrument from website" you should see some instructions how to logon

4. masq

masq Newbie

Hi, were you able to get any help from grounder314's messages on audioz? Thanks!

5. creatureofthenight

creatureofthenight Ultrasonic

I've messaged him as well. Did you guys ever have any luck?

6. grounder

grounder Kapellmeister

I just responded to creature PM on the other side. I responded to several others as well past 2 weeks.:)

You should be able to download them from within the program as nobodyspecial said above.
    A while back, I responded to a Tekniques REQ on on other side. I had link for where to grab them zipped online.
    However, you should be able to download them from within the program or FTP, including the DEMO.
    The app IMO is and has been crap. I deleted it and all the instruments that went with it. Took up over 1GB of space.
    If you have an older supported piece of gear and Win 98-XP-7-10 PC, I suggest you grab liberated the last liberated SoundDiver from archive.org. Been using it for 17 years and it still runs circles around any SQMQ.

7. MRFEENIX

MRFEENIX Kapellmeister

Thanks for that info just saw this thread on Audioz didn't know about SoundDriver Nice one :D

8. grounder

grounder Kapellmeister

You are welcome. I have older WIN machines I still use for apps that that I use for my older hardware (SCSI, patchbays(JL Cooper), etc.) but SD works great on WIN10 as well via my USB based MIDI stuff (Edirol UM-880, MIDIMAN MIDISPORTx8, Unitor8 MKII, MOTU MTP USB) and running in WIN VMs (XP and 7) on my 2017 MAC (Mojave)
    Have fun!!
    P.S. Don't get the wrong idea. I use all types of 'more modern tech' (SCSI2SD, Flop ems, RaSCSCI) for the SCSI stuff. :):):)

9. grounder

grounder Kapellmeister

I should have added this to my response above. I do NOT have the download link I posted weeks ago in response to REQuestor (tekniques) on the sister site. As I told creatureofthenight, when I was cleaning out some old messages, I got overzealous and deleted my DMs as well as comments. If you need still need the SQZ files and are having trouble FTP'ing them, try contacting tekniques as he might still have the link.
    I did not even see this post till this morning. Good luck and sorry I can't help.

10. alien2000a

alien2000a Newbie

Hi Tekniques. Do you still need the sqz. I may send it somehow.

11. Hermetheus

Hermetheus Newbie

OMG :( The FTP MQ11 FTP went down :((( Anyone help a brother out with a link to the MQ11 SQZ Library? Man If the software wasnt $300, Id totally buy it too...I suppose It's worth it though. TY <33

12. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

IIRC there's a version 11.0.2 which includes it. Check the size, if it's above 400MB then I guess it's the right one.

@grounder is right about SoundDiver - a truly excellent piece of software, yet the number of unsupported hardware is rising so YMMV.
    Solution: Don't buy any second hand hardware that's not at least 20 years old :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

Ok so it wasn't just me. Im considering finally buying it, and had the 12.0 demo installed for a bit now, and it worked fine last time I ran it. I decided to give it another run today because I was ready to get it, but when I updated the demo for Pro and then tried the demo for regular MIDIQuest, it won't install anything in either one. The only reason the demo still works was because I had already installed my synths with the previous one and copied them over. It still shows you all the instruments available but won't download anything from the ftp, and logging in with an FTP client doesn't work anymore. The software itself works great (but I cant save banks obviously) but thats not a good sign if I cant get any instrument files. I've still got three more things I wanted to install!

14. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

The reason why the FTP Download doesnt work anymore is, the FTP connection is hard coded in the prögram code. You can alternatively choose to enter a connection manually in the Download window. But the MIDIQuest guys also changed something in the sqz files of the latest version, so they cant be used in the latest cracked version from R2R (Sound Quest Midi Quest 12 Pro v12.1.2-R2R). At siters site you can find a download with all sqz files for the Sound Quest Midi Quest 12 Pro v12.1.2. Nevertheless to use also the latest and new sqz files for the Midi Quest 12.2 it needs to be cracked again. Maybe someone should tell it to R2R. I dont think they did a new protection for the latest version...so it should be easy for them to crack it.

15. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

Im not using R2R's, or Windows even, this is the actual demo version from Sound Quest themselves. It just won't pull instruments from their FTP site for whatever reason, even though it shows you the list of them available. Manually logging into the FTP site, using their own information doesn't work anymore either. You get a listing of text files that tells you to download the latest MIDIQuest and install them from there heh.

16. Hermetheus

Hermetheus Newbie

Id like to keep the MQ11 I have installed -- I know It's clean :) I just need the Mq11 Ensoniq Mirage, and ESQ-1 MQ11 Instruments :(

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  17. marveljam

marveljam Ultrasonic

I used SoundDiver and loved it before selling all my super lovely hardware (so sad). Thank you to the posting that recommending the good download site. I wanted to like Sound Quest but I truly think the price themselves out of sales. If it was the right software at the right price more people would pay than steal it. I am not a user of this but we will see if the company starts pricing more reasonably. Niche software but still, times for musicians are tough

18. Hermetheus

Hermetheus Newbie

Ah! Thanks so much for the tip! You are right :)

19. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

The FTP Account data for the latest version v12.2 are:

ftp.soundquest.org
    User: [email protected]
    Password: +9J$AN~?6*mo

But the sqz files will only work with the real 12.2 Pro version. These guys from Soundquest do individual ones for the Demo version, even these sqz files dont work in cracked Pro version v12.1.2 (from R2R).

BTW...The Soundquest buddys are so stupid. If you use a real FTP Client like "Filezilla" etc. its even possible to upload files to their FTP Server using the Account data i mentioned.
    We could use their FTP Server to upload Audiowarez! :rofl::rofl:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  20. creatureofthenight

creatureofthenight Ultrasonic

DM me. I have the instrument files. Someone posted it on the sister site in the free section. Pretty positive I still have it.

21. grounder

grounder Kapellmeister

Google sounddiver ADA (Adaptions) and LIB (Libraries). There have been people making them for gear released after SD was no longer being developed. I will see if I can find the stuff I collected a few years ago. Hardware I did not have at the time but might one day :)