Sound Quest Midi Quest Instruments Library (.sqz)

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by Tekniques, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Tekniques

Tekniques Newbie

Hi All & Happy New Year!
    I was wondering if any one would like to share the (not here, but you know where :wink:) Midi Quest Instruments library if possible.
    I am specifically looking for the Moog Slim Phatty .sqz file, I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks in advance.

3. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

you can normally login to the ftp with the mq 12 from the sister site, when you open "install instrument from website" you should see some instructions how to logon

4. masq

masq Newbie

Hi, were you able to get any help from grounder314's messages on audioz? Thanks!

5. creatureofthenight

creatureofthenight Member

I've messaged him as well. Did you guys ever have any luck?

6. grounder

grounder Member

I just responded to creature PM on the other side. I responded to several others as well past 2 weeks.:)

You should be able to download them from within the program as nobodyspecial said above.
    A while back, I responded to a Tekniques REQ on on other side. I had link for where to grab them zipped online.
    However, you should be able to download them from within the program or FTP, including the DEMO.
    The app IMO is and has been crap. I deleted it and all the instruments that went with it. Took up over 1GB of space.
    If you have an older supported piece of gear and Win 98-XP-7-10 PC, I suggest you grab liberated the last liberated SoundDiver from archive.org. Been using it for 17 years and it still runs circles around any SQMQ.

7. MRFEENIX

MRFEENIX Ultrasonic

Thanks for that info just saw this thread on Audioz didn't know about SoundDriver Nice one :D

8. grounder

grounder Member

You are welcome. I have older WIN machines I still use for apps that that I use for my older hardware (SCSI, patchbays(JL Cooper), etc.) but SD works great on WIN10 as well via my USB based MIDI stuff (Edirol UM-880, MIDIMAN MIDISPORTx8, Unitor8 MKII, MOTU MTP USB) and running in WIN VMs (XP and 7) on my 2017 MAC (Mojave)
    Have fun!!
    P.S. Don't get the wrong idea. I use all types of 'more modern tech' (SCSI2SD, Flop ems, RaSCSCI) for the SCSI stuff. :):):)