Sound/Production advice - Full Song

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Torture, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Torture

Torture Newbie

Hi everybody.
    I`m trying to build some skills in electronic music production and I´m always looking for some feedback and advice on my tracks.
    So i would appreciate your thoughts on my sound and the general production of the song.

I`ve mixed and mastered the whole track in Ableton Live and i mostly used sounds from Native Instruments Maschine and the Komplete 8 package.

I hope you like it and if you don`t please let me know where I can improve.

http://soundcloud.com/towa22/parade

Cheers.

3. manducator

manducator Member

It's a good song. I can't name a single thing that disturbed me. Keep up the good work!

4. audio81

audio81 Newbie

hmmm....
    firstly the production,mixing etc is very good, i can't hear anything "off" in that department :wink:

But as a tune, it seems to be struggling for flow, identity, drive.... :dunno:

As a listener, i don't feel any passion from this :sad: ,it's like I'm waiting for something to happen, but it doesn't :dunno:
    would like to hear some more of your stuff though *yes* :wink:

5. Torture

Torture Newbie

Thank you for your reply on that one. Always nice to hear, that there are no big production mistakes so far...so Im on the right track...

But I can see this flow/identity thing too. Cause I`m learning so much about mixing and making sound and stuff like that in such a short period of time, I often find myself lost in my own productions.
    It`s probably a good thing for me to finish the grooves and the whole tune before polishing anything to get exactly what I want.
    Still finding my style though...so theres a lot more to come!

6. rimshooter123

rimshooter123 Noisemaker

sounds quite simple and static. could need a bit of groove and drive and atmosphere.
    but really well produced. Show us more!

7. Torture

Torture Newbie

Yeah I was going for a more simple structure and feel for that one but static is never good :)
    I think I focused to much on getting the sound and mix right before really finishing the grooves. I think it has its moments but I see that you can definitely argue that it`s lacking drive and atmosphere...
    Not really sure if I can fix this one to be really groovy, but I`ll keep that in mind for my next tune. I`m going to change my workflow a little bit to separate my songwriting and mixing time.
    Thank you for you opinion.