sound module and MIDI help

Discussion in 'Studio' started by shake_puig, Sep 28, 2013.

1. shake_puig

shake_puig Producer

Hello everyone, I recently bought a sound module (yamaha fb 01) and it's my first one. I think it's missing something because I don't get any sound from the presets. The Yamaha and the controller are in the same channel too.

I would appreciate some help.

Thanks.

(This is my set up)
    [​IMG]
    subir imagen

3. angie

angie Producer

:wow: Is the module connected to the speakers? Is the key capable to transmit midi & usb at the same time?

4. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Shake_puig,

[​IMG]

As with a lot of these 'old' External 'MIDI Sound Modules' (Yamaha, Roland, KORG,... ), you must to use their own 'Outputs' (almost always 2 Outputs are available : 'Left' & 'Right', although some more older have only 1 Mono Output, for example : 'Oberheim MATRIX 1000').

Your provided 'Setup' image would be perfect for more recent External 'MIDI Sound Modules' which have an 'USB' connection. *yes*

By the way, in case that you need the Original 'Yamaha FB-01' Owner's Manual, here you can have it :

'Yamaha FB-01' Owner's Manual

_______________________________________________​

@ Angie,

:thumbsup: *yes*

5. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

are you getting a Midi Signal/message when you Play the Keyboard dose the Light Light up and dose your sound card/Audi interface have a Midi in and out if yes connect the Keyboard to that Don't use the USB

also you can just plug the Midi out from the keyboard to the Midi in to the sound module and use Head phones :grooves: it should trigger the sounds so you can here them

put the keyboard and the sound module on channel 1

6. franknitty69

franknitty69 Newbie

just connect the FB-01 to an available input on your soundcard. now you will be able to monitor and record the module.

7. 8-bit

8-bit Newbie

Hi, I think the reason you don't get any sound is the way you've set it up.
    Keyboards MIDI OUT goes to soundcard's MIDI IN, then the soundcard's MIDI OUT goes to The FB-01's MIDI IN.
    Now you'd need 2 instrument cables (1/4" jack - 1/4" jack) to connect The FB-01's L/R outputs to your soundcard, say, inputs 3/4.
    When you get then done, you'll be ready rumble.
    Have fun!