Sound like these in general

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by AudioDude, Sep 27, 2016.

1. AudioDude

AudioDude Noisemaker

This is the video. I'm talking about main synths. You can go to 3:32 for full force hearing.

Thing is, I'm kind of fine with that flute like main lead. But the thing is that progressive bass (?) part is where I fall short at. I can't recreate things like that. That modern Mass-Effecty leads... How do you achieve that? Is there any preset packs and synths that include sounds like them so I can take a look at them. Can you please share your insight to this?

And, great video by the way. Must watch for all!

3. Well it's not exactly in yer face obvious what it is. It's arpeggiated and sounds layered to me, meaning there's two or more instruments playing the same sequence mixed low and dense together. But what exactly it is would just be a guess. There are so many synths this could be it's impossible to recomend one. Sugar Bytes Factory? Probably too ballsy. Nexus 2? Yeah, maybe Nexus. Maybe Omnisphere 1. But you're going to have to work, whatever you go for. Maybe old ALchemy with one of the exotic patch library.

4. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

There's nothing to say that's not being done on a hardware synth, as this is well withing the capabilities of the bigger ones. Sounds very
    Roland JD-XA.

5. AudioDude

AudioDude Noisemaker

I'm in the digital domain. Is there any kind of video or tutorial for this spacey/mass-effect kind of sound design? I'm really into it. I'd like to learn more!!! :)