Sound Ideas - Digiffects series go Poof...

Discussion in 'samples' started by Sinnistar7, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Sinnistar7

Sinnistar7 Ultrasonic

Hello there peeps,

First off Happy Holidays to the community! I hope Santa brings us all all the goodies we asked for (even if we have been naughty:bleh:)

So as the title reads, I was just in the midst of DL'ing the set shared on the sister site when all of the sudden I got a message stating "ERROR, Resident don't have access to this part of the site". This is not the first time this has happened. But I was wondering if anyone out there could explain to me why this happens and if this library will pop up again.

Thanks and again, Happy Holidays:wink:

3. stopped

stopped Producer

it was likely DMCA'd while you were looking at it
    things that are DMCA'd will not show back up (although new versions might, but will probably also disappear quickly)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Sinnistar7

Sinnistar7 Ultrasonic

That makes sense...that was fast. I wish I was able to DL the rest.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

The entire thing is 130 gigabytes? You can find it on a tracker. Too much for my purposes, like the Hollywood Edge; but when you really need something that's where you know you can find it. A "lite version" would be better for me; that's just so many fx samples.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
  6. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

@clone , Digiffects are old, they were recorded 30 years ago. If you already have Hollywood Edge, Sound Ideas or BBC libraries, you'll have a similar set of dated sounds. I guess 'Boom One' is a modern version of a general library.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

Oh definitely. They are of the same era as The Hollywood Edge and are also 16bit 44.1 wavs. (later, but not much) Boom Library is even more than most people could ever need. They are also the type of "pro" material that most people with interest in them, should buy them. They are so obviously for commercial use.

8. MrAudio

MrAudio Ultrasonic

I strongly doubt that the problem in this case is a DMCA request.This post had a whole host of problems.

First of all, it forced to download over 130GB just because it had not been minimally compressed.The files inside were simple .wav and therefore rars could and should have a total size around 60GB.
    Even after downloading all the .rar files when you unrar it a file contained within an archive was corrupt.
    Also from what I could read before the post was removed it also violated the publication rules regarding links.

It's always necessary to be grateful to anyone who shares something however in this case there were several problems and probably for this reason it was removed not for a DMCA request.

9. Sinnistar7

Sinnistar7 Ultrasonic

Thank you everyone who replied to this, totally appreciate it!

I find it funny that I was "Forced" to download this hahaha. I was compelled to DL this cause well I had some of the library and wanted to complete the parts I didnt have. Now I am still waiting to do so. I know that Boom and Hollywood Edge have some of the same stuff it is just nice to have something complete, you know. I found that early releases of these libraries and a few other from back in the day were in-complete. Most of what I DL from this post was complete and I found it to have no issues, sadly however I didnt get it all.

Sound libraries are shared far and few in between on the sister site. Hopefully we can see some more shared as I am eternally grateful for everything that shared here.

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

It's not meant the way you seem to think. That poster means that something which is 130gb and is a collection of smaller titles, should be broken up to be shared. That way, if you have 75% of it already because you bought it; you would only need to download 30 gig to complete your collection. Or if you just wanted to check out one group of samples, you wouldn't have to download all 130gb of it.

That matters a lot to people who are not paying for unlimited bandwidth to download stuff. It should also matter to you, because maybe it takes 1 hour to download a direct link; but to download 260 small 500megabyte parts of an archive 1 at a time... that's exactly how you get affected by a takedown of the material. For whatever reason that is.

There are also "rules" that are applied to most sample collections that most releasers adhere to. The first one which applies, is no homemade collections of anything. Releases are supposed to be as close to an original retail product as can be. That's why you now have an incomplete download of something which has never existed in the wild to begin with. Another pertaining to Repacking others' releases applies.

"forced to download" does not mean you have someone with a gun to your head. It means that such a release should be done correctly.

11. monooxy

monooxy Member

That was quick, I wouldn't have thought that something from 1985 would disappear.. and so quickly.. I checked the browser history and can still open the peeplink page.. all the links also work.. just try again :)
    Happy holiday everyone

12. Sinnistar7

Sinnistar7 Ultrasonic

Well to my surprise...it has been reposted and fixed. So I am doing it again hahaha.
    You know, there might be more "up to date" libraries out there but if you know what you are doing, even "dated" sounds can be used. I will admit I am an archiver and with this library, it was partial to begin with as many were that were shared on the sister site back in the day. There are still a few that are in complete. I am just happy that it has been reposted and I am also grateful that I was able to get some insight here. So thank you again everyone and lets bring in a bangin new year!