Sound Distortion When Using Plugins And Runtime Error

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by COMP PTSD, Sep 24, 2013.

1. COMP PTSD

COMP PTSD Newbie

Hey.

I'm currently running a legit Studio One 2.6 with a few not so legit plugins. I'm by no means a collector of plugins but a have a few that are really giving me a headache. Here's the problem or problems I'm having : First of all when I spend a few hours working on a project and want to quit I sometimes get this message : RUNTIME ERROR - R6025 - PURE VIRTUAL FUNCTION CALL. Sometimes when this happens my PC stalls end sometimes ends up in a blue screen.

My second problem is that sometimes the sound of all plugs and audio files become distorted. The only way to get around this is to close the project I'm working on and load it again. Most likely this has to do with one or more of the plugs I'm using. At the moment the newest Amplitude release by R2R is constantly messing things up.

So if any of you out there have a way to work around these issues I'd be forever grateful. Btw, the not so legit plugins I use are more or less R2R releases, and my PC is free from viruses but apparently from not bugs.

Thanks again :wink:

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Does this happen on other DAWs or just Studio One? Try restarting and using Studio One before doing anything else, does it still happen?

4. COMP PTSD

COMP PTSD Newbie

To be honest I'm not sure. I only use Studio One. I've gotten hold of Ableton Live 9.something and I'll give it a go. I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks for answering :wink:

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Try it if you can on at least 1 or 2 other DAWs. Also try restarting your computer and seeing if you encounter the issues even after a fresh boot because that way we can discount some other factors that could cause problems. And no problem mate. :wink:

6. COMP PTSD

COMP PTSD Newbie

Ok, so I've tried with Ableton 9.0.3 R2R, with AGF and Amplitude, this is a sure failure in Studio One. It started out well in Ableton but on a few presets picked at random on Amplitude I got distortion. The difference is in Ableton I could just go to another preset and the distortion was gone while in Studio One I have to close the project and reopen. Wierd right :unsure: I've had this problem with distortion a while, I've even re-installed to the Factory Image on my PC but nothing helps. I guess this it what I get for using shady plugins :sad:

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It's possible that it's not necessarily the plugins, maybe something to do with your audio card drivers. I also have problems with Flash when it doesn't release the sound card properly and then weird things tend to happen with the audio. Personally I'm having some issues with Studio One that I don't have with any other DAW even FL Studio so it's possible it could be a bug too even in legitimate versions. I don't generally use this DAW at the moment so let's wait and see if someone else can't come along and add something to this conversation. Just so people can get a better idea post the versions of everything you're using that relate to this issue.

8. COMP PTSD

COMP PTSD Newbie

It's funny you should mention my audio card cause sometimes Studio One cuts the connection to my Audio Card because of overload or something. Now before you get to excited I have tried with everything from 128-4096 in latency and it still happens. I'm using a M-Audio Fast Track btw, and yes I have installed the latest drivers :wink: It really sucks that this appears to happen only in Studio One because to me it's the best DAW out there. I guess what sucks even more is that the one thing I've actually paid for I can't use :sad: I guess I have to start over and learn how to use Ableton now. Thanks for your time mate. And by all means if anyone else have any good suggestions please let me know.

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Personally I think Studio One isn't there yet, it has a lot of intuitive features but there are still many issues. Maybe by version 3 they can fix them up and then it would really give other DAWs a run for their money. What I would do is wait and see if anyone else is having this issue and if not then I would drop Presonus a line. You don't have to tell them that you're using some cracked plug-ins but maybe they can give you some guidance. That is one of the benefits of legitimate licensing because you can get help when you need it. I assume you're using the 2.6.0 of Studio One. On what OS? What Amplitube version? And no problem man, thanks for appreciating the help. :mates:

10. COMP PTSD

COMP PTSD Newbie

Yeah, I'm running 2.6.0.24200 and Amplitude 3.11.1 by R2R. I guess I have to start preparing my speech to the techs at Presonus, I'm not very good at lying so it might take a few days to get ready for it. Let's hope in the mean time someone has an easy solution to my problems so that I don't have to... Again, thanks, and sorry for posting with caps in the topic..

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

The best way to lie is to make yourself believe that what you're saying is the truth. Let's wait and see if anyone in the community is having this issue and take it from there. Don't worry about the caps just keep it in mind for next time. :wink:

12. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Recently Nexus has started throwing runtime errors but only with a couple of libraries (specifically the drum libraries), use to work OK with 2.5. Amplitube is working fine for me with 2.6 :snuffy:

with regards to sound cutting out, it could be the autosave function, which you can adjust or switch off in the options setup window. The default is set to 5 min I think

Distortion, experienced it a few times when I first started using S1 (about 12 months ago) but updated all my audio drivers and that appeared to cure the problem and certainly has not appeared with the last 2 updates

13. COMP PTSD

COMP PTSD Newbie

I suspected that Nexus might be the culprit so when I re-installed to the factory image I didn't install Nexus. The runtime thing still happens though. Turning off auto save is one of the first things I do so it's not that either.

Thanks a lot for answering though. I'll try and download all the latest drivers again and re-install Studio One, hopefully that helps. Thanks mate :wink:

14. kostovas

kostovas Kapellmeister

Maybe silly questions but did you try amplitube with your onboard audio card? Or as a standalone. Did you installed the M-audio drivers,Studio One or Amplitube as an administrator? As I said maybe silly....

15. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Legit S1-User here...

I also have the problem sometimes with audio getting distorted, but in my case I think my audio-interface causes the problem, or more precisely, it's driver.
    Because I'm getting this also sometimes when S1 is not open at all.
    For me, only a re-start helps in that case.

Thankfully it doesn't happen very often... and I think it never happened while I was working on something in S1.

If you have the possibility, try out a different audio-interface, or maybe just the internal soundcard of your PC/laptop.

16. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

I get the same issued with distortion on studio one but it happens on ableton too.. It's like a random gissssss like white noise.

I dont have a mixing board or a dedicated audio card. I just save close n open.

I notice that J-bridge plugins often cause problems.

You should probably give a little more details on your setup though.

Ram? Os? Jbridge? a lot of plugins? does it only happen with amplitude?