Sound Diffrence FL Studio 12,Pro Tools 12,Logic

Discussion in 'DAW' started by reversesnare, Mar 22, 2016.

?

Is there difference btw FL Studio,PT and Logic

1. No

22 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. yes

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reversesnare

reversesnare Newbie

Is there any difference in quality of sound between this DAW's ?

3. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Pardon me, but what is your reason for asking, apart from wanting to get some conversation going? FL Studio and Logic run on different platforms, so are you on PC or on Mac? They each take different plug-in formats, so might that be a consideration?

4. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

There is FL Studio even for MAC... (beta version...I don't know why...better spend time enhancing its awkward mixer).

5. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

i don't think so , its all about how you handle your project in each DAW
    so if you need to compare the sound or the result in each DAW
    you have to make sure to use the same plugins in each daw
    and when you use that you will notice that the only different is the built in synth & effect plugin of each daw
    but if you use the same external plugins
    you will notice that there's no difference at all except of the workflow and the interface of each daw
    the answer obviously is NO

6. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

TL;DR: not a single difference in terms of sound. Yes, there are differences in what you can use and how it works. Literally every single DAW on the planet sounds great and can score a Grammy if you learn it really well and make great music.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Wuji

Wuji Ultrasonic

If you got access to all the DAWs import the same audio file and export it to a new file. Import them all into one DAW. Turn around the phase of all files and play the original with the phase canceled files one after another. If you hear anything that's the difference in sound. I'm sure you want hear anything unless you use plugins in the process.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

I used to think fl studio had crappy sound until I realized it was my productions that were crappy.. once you accept this you can move forward as a music producer..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. alboz

alboz Ultrasonic

There is no difference...and will never be...many people are so stupid when they think this has better sound engine than other. When u hear a difference of what u made with fl studio or other daw...its because of Your skillz..
    Its about how u mix and master...all daw can do the same but in different ways.

I had a friend Who made a song with fl studio and he said to me that the song sounds not good because of fl studio..
    I told him to show me how he created mixed and mastered it...when i SAW it...i find out that the way he mix Was fuckt up..

Allways in a song the kick and vocal are dominant..and must be on the top..he had this out..

Some people say why my song sounds so quit than other...this is because they master it better ..mastering make song sound higher .

Its take time to be pro ,u need skillz,Luck,,and hear what other say when they can little more than u.

10. dsjdsj

dsjdsj Member

Yes,there is,for me,the summing bus in protools is the best,and the overall sound.But,dont forget,your DAW will sound like your soundcard,if you have a cheap one,it won't sound as good as a higher quality one. But,that will be negated if you bounce your track internally. Generally,the better your soundcard,the better picture you will get of what your track actually sounds like,even if you still bounce internally.
    All DAW sound different,fact

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. alboz

alboz Ultrasonic

U are 100% wrong.. He Asked about difference in the daw (digital audio workstation) .
    If u start new discution about difference of soundcard and studio monitor Yes there is difference,
    But the difference comes because of the monitors..i tried yamaha hs 8 and Krk rockit 8 .. There Was big difference.
    In Yamaha u Get bright sound and Krk u Get more darker..

12. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Oh, not again :)
    Every DAW sounds the same without any processing on channels.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

It's almost like people don't know how to search the forum or Google for the exact same question and answers.

14. dsjdsj

dsjdsj Member

Sorry,you clearly dont know what you are talking about,all DAWs do not sound the same.If you can't tell the difference between Pro Tools and Logic,then you should have your ears checked. I did answer his question relating to DAWs,I was just adding a little extra in.
    Go and google wordclock and jitter,which,is fundamental to what DAWs will sound like,and why soundcards have much more relevance than speakers,have a nice day

15. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

16. The Koala

The Koala Ultrasonic

Well if you really want to compare different DAWs, I have 4 stems in .wav that I've only summed in Pro Tools 12, FL Studio 12, Sonar Platinum and Studio One 3. Just tell me and I'll upload them here !

The results were that they all sound exactly the same (phase inversion technic), except for the Studio One file, but I think I fucked up when editing it, so this is at a slightly lower volume than the others, hence this is not exactly cancelling with the other files...

17. reversesnare

reversesnare Newbie

Thing is,my friend who graduate SAE told me once that Pro Tools have the best bus.I just wanted to hear some opinion more.
    Yes,I know that everything is in the mix,and your skills..
    You can close this topic.Thanks

18. Swatch

Swatch Kapellmeister

Its about what you do.
    When you have 4 wav tracks and put them in the daws, maybe the loudness will change a little, or nothing. Every daw sounds the same.

but when you put a nexus plucked instrument or a sylenth VST: EVERY DAW SOUNDS DIFFERENT.
    Loudness, pressure, space, room, highs, lows.
    Especially the room. how much room and space do you have to mix your stuff ? (3D)

My results:
    FL Studio: thin, weak, too much treble
    Cubase: Its ok. You get good results.
    Logic & Studio One: Warm, nice pressure, bass and treble.
    ProTools: BOOOOM Most space, room, nice bass and good treble. (3D sound) But i cant´and newer will produce with this DAW.

Actually i´m on studio one. And i got really really good results in much less time. The changes in the FX chains react really good.
    And i have a super nice warm sound whith good pressure, bass and trebles. And since a looong time, i like my mixes :D

Conclusion: When you produce midi stuff with VST or Virtual Instruments: every daw sounds different (My favourite Studio One)
    When you record stuff in wav (HW Synth, Guitar, drums) Every daw could sound the same.
    I noticed this, when i worked with samples (hat loops, kicks... )

Over & out

19. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Try it youself

20. Index

Index Producer

21. merko

merko Member

OP, here is your answer, no one can agree.