Sound design exercise

Discussion in 'Education' started by Andrew Mehldau, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Andrew Mehldau

Andrew Mehldau Newbie

Hi

I'm teaching at an highschool and I have to make a simple sound design exercise for a video for my students.
    Anyone knows where I can have access to an exercise already prepared?

Thanks!

3. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Hi
    i remember there was a VST (or maybe it was an application) that had an integrated full course in it. you started with a single oscillator, then slowly you "unlocked" more knobs. it was pretty nice but i can't remember its name. anyone knows?

(also interested in the thread)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. stav

stav Noisemaker

syntorial

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Danie

Danie Ultrasonic

6. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

Teaching is a serious thing, try to transmit your experience to the students, the risk of using a template is to not give much to them thus not really teaching anything.

Nobody expecting an high school student to win a grammy so you have much of freedom.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Spartan

Spartan Kapellmeister

Isn't preparing an exercise yourself for your students part of your job remit? If you are unable to prepare a simple exercise, you will struggle to teach it.

8. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

cheers!

9. Danie

Danie Ultrasonic

Teaching is different from doing something. It is not easy to teach students in a concise and understandable way. Many people are experts in what they do, but they do not have the ability to teach, because the process of converting what they have learned into a format that can be easily transferred to other people requires teaching techniques.
    Many artists and singers may be skilled in their work, but if they are asked to teach others, you will realize that they are not good at it. Because those people cannot think systematically and have jumps in their thinking. These jumps are not readily transferable in teaching work.
    It is not right to accuse someone of lack of ability without knowing the teaching process. Once you try to teach what you know to someone who doesn't know anything about it, then you will realize what a crushing blow you have fallen into.

10. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Click below for a comprehensive YouTube tutorial.