Sound comes and goes in (unlocked) Kontakt 5

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by pixie, Nov 26, 2012.

1. pixie

pixie Newbie

I have Asio4All installed but it doesn't seem to be working all the time because all of a sudden I can't hear any of the instruments I loaded. The output shows that there is sound but I can't hear it. Restarting Kontakt usually solves the problem but I can't do it all the time. Did I miss something in configuring Asio driver or it's the sound card's fault? (I'm using Realtek's integrated sound card until I get an audio interface)

I suppose it's the sound card because I often experience the same problem in Reaper - often there is no sound when I load Kontakt as a plugin, and also when I use Reaper's synth. The mixer shows input and the track can be rendered but I can't hear anything inside the program.

3. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

pixie you could try making sure that the sample rate and bit depth match in KOntakt options and your Realtek controls -- if this does not work then set the buffer size higher 512 or above in the KOntakt options just to make sure that there are no audio drop outs. And also make sure that the Realtek is selected under devices in Kontakt options or Reaper. You may have to renew this every time you open the programs

4. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

The card is rarely the problem in this type of thing. Usually confusion between realtek and ASIO4all.

5. pixie

pixie Newbie

Thanks! I checked Kontakt options, it says that sample rate is 44100Hz, 512 samples. Bit depth should be 24bit. I also opened Realtek HD Manager and formats were set to 48000Hz so I changed them to 24bit 44100. Hopefully it'll help.

6. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

It should. You want all your stuff talkin' the same lingo.