SOS: Seeking an Auto-Tune/Trap expert user for vocal tips

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by ElMoreno, Jul 1, 2024 at 6:37 PM.

1. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Gently audioz guru need your help: can you guide me on the right effects and set-up to obtain this type of voice?

https://vocaroo.com/1oQ6d4zMSTdC

Please... avoid generic “Use Auto-Tune” (or similar phrases…) but kindly only precise settings and right information to get this (better screen photos).
    If I get the sound... big party with bier and hamburger/wurstel for you :cheers: :phunk:

If you are an expert/guru of Auto-Tune - just so as not to bore anyone who isn't interested - we could discute in detail of the vocal file in private chat if you prefer.

Thank you for your availability and help. :mates:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2024 at 4:45 PM
  3. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Anyone have any tips, directions, tricks, tips, set-ups for me yet? :woot:

4. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

its straight up just auto tune. Hard tuning. Maybe some light formant shifting. low's scooped a bit with an eq. Delay.

5. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

It's a decent bet that Shinyzen nailed it. It's just auto-tune with a delay automated to hit at the end, and *may be shifted, but that can be difficult to tell when the the correction is heavy. It's also been de-essed, otherwise the correction would be tripping up and skating in a couple places. To me, it sounds like the correction here is either automated to have the Preservation or Time Tolerance change at key points, which is common with vocals—less likely is there's a threshold trigger set somehow. (I don't know whether or not half of what I said can be translated into Antares-speak, since I use Crispy Tuner... now bx_crispytuner.)
    Disclaimer, this definitely isn't exactly my wheel-zone; I use auto-tune for lite correction. I'm not sprung. :rofl:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2024 at 11:19 AM
  6. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

I don't know,
    I guess they did something not very complicated because I was sitting there not far away and everything was quite simple and quick...

Unfortunately the sound engineer didn't want to tell me the set-up they used. :snuffy:
    Sure, I can understand him but... he's still an asshole!!! :rofl:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2024 at 1:57 PM
  7. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

Seriously? Everything looks simple and quick when someone knows their tools.That said, it's three knob/slider twists and an automation line on Crispy Tuner, the rest of the stuff is details and polish, which is important, but it sounds like you kind of want a general, subjectively "good" setting. Besides, thieving the exact setting from the guy might not even be that beneficial. I mean, once you know what you want the end result to be—which you already seem to—just start turning knobs, figure out what they do individually, and then see what they do in conjunction with each other. Also? Read the manual, and then watch an overview of the plugin. The worst that can happen is you end up mangling some vocals for an hour or two with less-than perfect results; there are worse ways to spend a Thursday. :yes:

8. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Are you kidding?
    When you record 'paying' later you want to have the same set-up to replicate in live concerts the identical sound. Don't you? :winker:

At the end of the day those on a plug are just a few numbers... we're not splitting the atom to create a fucking atomic bomb! :rofl:

9. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

Seems like you need to be holding him hostage until he gives up his secret sauce then, doesn't it?
    I guarantee the setting are simply enough that they can be easily replicated, but strong-arming the guy is a viable option too. :knock:

10. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Yeah, for a second there, I thought about strong-arm tactics. :rofl:

11. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Often, one of the problems, is that some people try to make the most of it by giving as little as possible in return... this is the truth :yes: