Soothe2.. Nope! DSEQ by TBProAudio

Discussion in 'Software News' started by mild pump milk, Apr 19, 2020.

1. thejohndoe

thejohndoe Ultrasonic

Where to begin.if you think MMorph is revolutionary you mustn't know diddly squat about DSP.Zynaptiqs adaptive transform method of morphing is VASTLY superior to Meldas "morphing"tech if you can even call it that,and FYI since you don't know shit,Melda MMorph isn't even a morphing plugin.its a spectral vocoder sometimes also referred to as "cross synthesis"its an extremely crude and naive way to force the spectral and phase magnitude of one sound onto another and again FYI Morph came out BEFORE MMorph and its method of morphing is not even in the same universe as MORPH.he was cashing in on the trend just like he always does and when he does he always does it in the crudest way possible.MAuto Align?cheap knockoff of SoundRadix's Auto Align.there's nothing sophisticated about Meldas detection method for phase correlation either.i have tried it and it essentially guesses the amount of delay and never gives the same results for STATIC sounds.AutoAlign is absolutely flawless and a much better product.should i go on?okie dokes i will.all his spectral algorithms are things he compiled from the FFTW library none of it is original or modified beyond what his framework already does (the modulation etc).his filter and EQ "models"things he compiled from MusicDSP resource and yet again FYI he thinks analog modelling is placebo and his "Turbo"comp and EQ are supposed to be proof of that.don't know about you but chucking crappy waveshapers after biquads doesn't sound at all analog to me.you can find better implementations of all the stuff he brings out that is spectral in Dtblkfx and some older plugins by the likes of DelayDots.literally no different.the only thing i will credit him for his generic framework for all his plugins has pretty powerful modulation and the ability to change the quality of the interpolation is most welcome so you can use things like the envelope as an audiorate sidechain.also some of the crossover options are very useful,but his algorithms(as in audio engine or dsp behind the plugins,not Melda framework) are as cookie cutter as it gets and the stuff he rips off are essentially "chinese knockoffs":wink:

Oh i have some more.MBassador a completely useless spectral psycho acoustic bass enhancer that attempts to ripoff Waves Maxx and Rbass tech(surprisingly sophisticated)the Melda offering?not so much.yet again he chucked FFT at something to make it seem more the sum of its parts.who on earth would use a bass exciter plugin though that can't even retrigger phase (which goes for all his plugins that use some kind of FFT implementation)

I don't like Melda plugins because they don't have skeuomorphic GUIs????:rofl:.work on your ad hominem's you fool.pot,kettle,black etc

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. tun

tun Rock Star

think im confused

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. tun

tun Rock Star

the problem with MSpectralDynamics is you need to put a lot of footwork in to get the results you need. it is highly configurable and can do a lot more than soothe, but you need to have the patience and knowledge to program it. kind of defeats the point of a shortcut tool :)
    although once you start saving your presets the work load gets lower with each use.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. tun

tun Rock Star

melda plugins have an almost unmatched level of control. modern producers want everything to sound good out the box. needs like that are met with companies releasing products like one knob series etc so producers get lazier.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

I'm genuinely curious,
    I agree Melda GUI is just plain ugly, that's for sure;
    but, I thought Melda Auto Align is far older than Soundradix Auto Align, or Melda Drum Leveler vs Soundradix Drum Leveler, same for Melda Spectral Dynamics being way older than Soothe and other stuff,
    can't speak for MBassador, but MCharacter is a killer versatile harmonics enhancement plugin,
    fair to say I get mixed results with some Melda plugins, like Drum Leveler causing clipping when not configured properly - in that regard Melda plugins are way more prone to user error when setting tweaks done bad, on the other hand that 100Hz/100fps GUI smoothness is amazing (now when I have 100Hz monitor)...
    :unsure:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. SomebodyIsHere

SomebodyIsHere Ultrasonic

I told u guys. It is available on Sister site :)

7. Moms_little_pirate

Moms_little_pirate Kapellmeister

I use it a lot but still don't think it can compete with Soothe for a certain type of sound. Otherwise I wouldn't be lusting after Soothe so much.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Sister is your friend now. Again. Yummy

9. tun

tun Rock Star

im not saying it can do what soothe can. im not saying it cant either. i have not tried soothe, i have no need for it. i am just saying it can do more than soothe can.

10. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Yeah but ReaFIR in compress mode is FREE & it does this job some years ago.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. waverider

waverider Rock Star

So, how are your opinions on this, is it any good? I'd love to hear from people who have Soothe 2 and this.

12. mild pump milk

TBproAudio said on GS that he might add more quality, something like Ultra2 mode for more precision and sharpness. Also, he thinks about dB/oct for shelf and peak types (filter section). GR section might be revised graphically too.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I insist that Soothe is 100 times better.

Spoken like a true pirate.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. shankar

shankar Platinum Record

Do you think a developer will say bad things about his latest plugin / release? :dunno:
    All devs will tell you that their plugins are the best.
    I would trust my ears more.
    And that's why I always recommend downloading the trial version and trying it out yourself

15. mild pump milk

His plugins are fine. He just gets more experienced, more skills, finds new methods to make better stuff and so on. DSEQ and some few other plugins and also meters are cool indeed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. tun

tun Rock Star

then get to work cracking it :hahaha:

17. kitvonk

kitvonk Guest

I've seen some pretty good applications of Izotope Neutron Sculpter that put it in the *soothe* soother category...

18. mild pump milk

According to GS, engineers and mixers who have Soothe2 and testing DSEQ, say that DSEQ way much better:
    1. No iLok
    2. Cheaper
    3. Sounds better, transparent, with less artifacts and so on. Faster and greater results than Soothe2.

And it is only beginning. More improvements and fixes coming soon) today 1.0.4 released.
    Goodbye Soothe2, you are almost killed by DSEQ

• Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  19. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

As a matter of fuck I captured the frequency response of a sweated sock with the exponential sine sweep method and two mics positioned in Fredman 45 degrees fornication.
    The impulse response produced wipes the floor with soothe, Dseq, sylenth1, Pianoteq, Omnisphere and Obama.
    Just sayin' ...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

Can you provide some sources? I'm very interested in this plugin and considering to buy it ..

I only found one Person on GS saying that it is better then Soothe V1 ..