Sony Free Impulse Library

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by superliquidsunshine, Sep 27, 2015.

1. While wasting my precious time came upon these impulse responses from Sony that were created for a vst called Acoustic Mirror which back in the day was software to help you create your own impulse responses. www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/link?id=2873.0 The software doesn't seem available any more but the impulse responses are still up on their site. The link is just to their direct download so you don't have to visit their main site pages if you do not want to. Here is a list of the file categories:
    Collection of Bridge Impulses
    Collection of Bridge Impulses Collection of Church Impulses
    Collection of Church Impulses Collection of Concert Hall Impulses
    Collection of Concert Hall Impulses Collection of Hallway and Large Room Impulses
    Collection of Hallway and Large Room Impulses Collection of Microphone Impulses
    Collection of Microphone Impulses Collection of Miscellaneous Impulses
    Collection of Miscellaneous Impulses Collection of Shower and Bathroom Impulses
    Collection of Shower and Bathroom Impulses Collection of Small and Medium Room Impulses
    Collection of Small and Medium Room Impulses Collection of Stairwell and Theater Impulses
    Collection of Stairwell and Theater Impulses Collection of Synthesized Effects
    Collection of Synthesized Effects Collection of Tunnel and Open Space Impulses
    Collection of Tunnel and Open Space Impulses Impulses from the Great Outdoors
    Impulses from the Great Outdoors Venues and Lecture Halls

• Like Like x 16
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  3. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

Thanks, really appreciate it.......!

4. Aye sailor!

5. Index

Index Producer

Thanks a lot!

For people who don't want to download the all_impulses.exe or every link individually here a link for all files: click me

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

Thanks!
    It's great to see their whole cdn directory is public, so you can pretty much download any extra files related to Sony products.

Nicely done :wink:

7. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

8. @Index Thanks for the simple link, though the list of the individual links are also posted above. Just click on a title and Bob's your uncle.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  9. Litiman9

Litiman9 Noisemaker

thank you very much superliquidsunshine

10. BChrist

BChrist Member

Really cool. Thank you very much.

11. angie

angie Producer

Is it possible to convert these in wav/aif ?

12. Sure, Angie. You can if you want to. Use whatever conversion software you have. You can do it I am sure in your DAW if you want also. Which impulse engine do you need these for? If you cannot do it, I will if you need me to.

13. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hello, all impulse library lover fellows,

is acoustic mirror no more boundled with sound forge? :dunno:
    being stuck with v10.x can not be sure about later releases, but my version still has this plug-in, using it there is the possibility to export these files in other formats. :yes:

wish all of us the best, plus pray do include all the conversion possibilities for our greatest impulse response files... :bow:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  14. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Outstanding. Just when I was about to waste a couple of hours in making up a bunch of impulses, superliquidsunshine brings this great gift to the table. Hugely appreciated, man. Thank you so much! :like:

15. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Those impulses are in sfi format, which is supposedly proprietary format for Acoustic Mirror. How exactly is Angie supposed to convert them into WAV (I'm interested to know too)? They certainly does not look like RAW files. :dunno:
    There seems to be RIFF header, but that's it.

16. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Maybe with phase cancellation? Run a short sample through the original plug-in and then cancel out the dry part or something?

17. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hello, all audio love maker fellows,
    using one short noise burst at full scale as impulse, you will get the response of acoustic mirror, rendered, perhaps not quite one hundred percent the same, but perfectly usable. :yes:
    also perfectly doable, then you can even compare the resulting file with the one coming from the above mentioned solution. :yes:

as above, all the best for all of us... :bow:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  18. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

There's an easier way of running dry positive impulse (0,1,0) to get the full IR - perfect for Altiverb.
    However this is not exactly converting the files into WAV. I suppose @angie wanted something like batch conversion

EDIT: Yes, basically what nadirtozenith described

19. My utmost apologies to all and everyone involved on this thread. I have been in lots of pain after an accident a while back and have had to up the medication that I have been prescribed which has the side effect for me of short term memory loss. Things have been kind of going over my head when it comes to simple things like where I put my keys that two seconds ago I had of course put in my pocket, that sort of thing. I now realize that I never tested the files to see what format that they are, something that of course is important when posting and sharing with the community. Sorry Angie, my sincerest apologies, and also to you Andrew for wasting your precious time. I'm going to take a little sabbatical from posting and communicating at the forum until I get this sorted out. Blessings to all.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. angie

angie Producer

Hey! There's absolutely no problem at all! No need to apologize! Take care of you and good recovery! When I will have time I'll try to arrange the header, I think they are "obscured" wav files

21. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Dude, here you are. One piece of the universe sharing the good stuff with other pieces of the universe. Sometimes, the message picks up errors in transit but, hey, for audiophiles such as we a bit of noise is more fun than an eternity of silence.

Speedy recovery, man. :mad: