Sonnox Inflator V3 at £57.5 (US$75) - 50% Off, a Good Buy?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mercurysoto, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

How much is the Limiter?

2. Juvera

Juvera Member

I don't like Generalize when talking about Software's bundle; but yet, Sonnox plugins always sounded superior to me, and are not so easy replaceable, specially for that Price- If you ask me this plugin it's worth it, specially if you're going to use it in most of your projects.

There are alternatives? Of course it should be, but for the price and the speed that plugin help me to achieve my sound, I'll take it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. MBC_Music

MBC_Music Producer

Or you can get Inflator for free :yes:

https://github.com/Kiriki-liszt/JS_Inflator

I believe it completely nulls with Sonnox Inflator. Great dev who updates it frequently. Also has a free Maag EQ4 (I believe) clone.

Edit: Also, reviving the thread in 2024 when the last post was from 2017 :guru:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. ZUK

ZUK Rock Star

PROMO-A7K3J

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

But this is still free. :winker:

6. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It saved me starting a new thread with exactly the same theme, and maybe they should be calling it Deflator with the new lower price point? :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2024
  7. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I already have it :wink:I just like the workflow in the video Herr Durr posted above, but I wouldn't pay too much for it. BTW, what ever happened to him?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Peque

Peque Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I've got that one too :wink:

10. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It's already been posted above.

11. 4096

4096 Platinum Record

It is free and even has oversampling, but the real reason to buy the Inflator is to make sure it will work in 10 years, as with Sonnox I believe there are no paid upgrades and their support is great. Open Source projects stop being developed all the time. Later down the line someone might fork it, but the plugin ID and name will be different and what to do then?

This is only a problem for MacOS users as Apple breaks compatibility all the time. If you're on Windows, you can use the free version without hesitation. I'm willing to pay Sonnox $25 so they deal with Apple's compatibility stuff.

12. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

it's a pretty well known waveshaping algorithm that has been quite successfully back engineered for the most part.

I'm sure a fair percentage of people on this site could code it should they want.

And hey, I like Sonnox and all, and all for supporting dev's, but this is kinda one where the math don't go that deep and veil of mystery has been pretty much lifted.

And pearl clutchers regarding Apple compatibility breakage can probably relax on this one.

13. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Limiter is 29£ + tax = 85% off.

Infact I´ve been offered Claro, Limiter and Inflator for a total price of about 61£ + tax lately.
    Great plugs but I hope the Dynamics will be offered too in the future - thats my favorite Sonnox plugin.

14. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

I've no clue. He isn't a member for quite some time now and I think he deleted his account.

Right, that sucks big time. I feel with you.

The shaper itself isn't the problem, the implemented band split is tricky, as far as I've heard.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. clone

clone Audiosexual

They had a sale recently where you could get Elite Collection for about 120 euros. It ended on July 7th, if I remember the date right. They have been doing great deals lately. Upwards of 75% or 80% on every plugin on the site. Elite was just what I happened to check the price on.

I remember trying a little unscientific side-by-side test of that REAPER script compared with the 32 bit version of Inflator. They were not so far apart I would pay good money instead of using the free REAPER one. But the current 64 bit version is much nicer than the old version I was using. Rightfully so, they have had 10+ more years to make improvements to the plugin. Their demos are 30-day fully functional. Test them for yourself and draw your own conclusions.

If you notice on their site, you can "create a bundle" from either Oxford series or Toolbox series, and get a certain % off for those, depending on how many you buy in that category. That carries over to other sale prices, so maybe you get 75% off for 6 plugins, and then you get another 40% off on top of it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2024