SONIVOX SUCKS Part II

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fesster, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Fesster

Fesster Noisemaker

To anyone considering supporting SONiSUX, you need to know that they have some of the WORST customer and software support in the world-no exaggeration. Even if you have the original DVDs , install files, serial # cards (yes, they printed them on big, tacky cards which you had to email a picture of to prove you owned the software) AND the license file THEY sent you, after you requested it, your software will not work, because they literally put a time-bomb deactivate command in the software so your valid license file will no longer work after a certain number of years. Who the fuck does that?! Is that how they think they'll push me into buying new shit? Their heads must up their asses! They are the scumbags of all scumbags imo and I will NEVER promote, endorse or buy anything from them again. This is why I don't mind spending 500+ dollars for quality software; the developers support it even 9 years after it's been released-case in point: https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/motu-bpm

It's still on their site for sale and it's still a VERY relevant tool to make and produce professional-level beats. MOTU support their software just as much as their hardware- which is their main sales focus. I will always have respect for MOTU. SoniSUX will nevvvver get another dime, promotion and I won't even use their cracked shit because I don't want those scumbags involved in my career-PERIOD. SoniSUX are irrelevant in the music software business right now. Believe it or not, they used to actually design decent software-even though nothing was actually original. They are great at blatantly copying ideas and reselling old tech...like I said, they are I-R-R-E-L-E-V-A-N-T

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  3. Omman

Omman Ultrasonic

Well that is like an experience I had with a company letting down and not supporting their hardware and software anymore and that's MOTU. Maybe they changed their ways since but I used to have licenses for Professional Composer which was a notation program and also Unisyn their Universal editor librarian for hardware synths. At some point they cancelled theses softwares with no more support and I lost a lot of money that I had invested with them. I also had Digital Performer that I don't use anymore because I don't want to upgrade and give them more money.

I also have 2 audio interface from MOTU. At some point the 2 mic inputs on the 828 MKII failed and I found out searching the internet that it was a bad mic pre-amp design and a lot a people had the same problem. Wrote to them to get a replacement part or a repair and they responded that no more parts where available, that they did not support the interface anymore and until this day these 2 front inputs don't work anymore.

So you see, I feel the same way you do about MOTU as you do Sonivox. I never bought anything from them since. I sucked it up and lost about 800.$ for software that I really needed, 500.$ for DP and still have a 1,000.$ audio interface crippled. Hope that you get a better experience with them in the long run with BPM, but somewhere down the line they will also drop it as all company's do and we have to swallow it up and absorb the lost.

Good luck...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  4. Fesster

Fesster Noisemaker

Sorry about your shitty experience with MOTU. At least MOTU has evolved in every way, unlike SONiSUX who are worse now than they've ever been...an irrelevant third-party plugin company riding on the backs of whoever they can. Total garbage in 2018.

5. Andsoitseems

Andsoitseems Ultrasonic

Yeeeeeess!

Here's a super funny story. Won Vocalizer Pro when it first came out directly from Sonivox.

Do you think I can access my serial number?

I recall getting it after a time only to have ilok refuse it and tell me to contact the manufacturer

Hell no. TBH it wasnt even that dope to press the lady who sent me the code and it was years ago I gave up on it and them. Will NEVER support them in any way moving forward. I just laugh at the old marketing and r+d team they have over there. They follow trends (terribly)and are not breaking any new ground whatsoever. The whole vibe of the company and the dev team needs a revamp.

10 bucks says they will sell to Gibson and slowly disappear over time due to product cannibalism and piss poor support on both Gibson and Sonivox's behalf.

Buyers Beware.

6. Fesster

Fesster Noisemaker

I won't even use their cracked shit because, well- it's shit:rofl:They re an example of how to fail epically.