Soniccouture Novachord

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Lord Gaga, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Hello to all,

SonicCouture.Novachord.KONTAKT.DVDR-DYNAMiCS

Does anyone among you noticed the clicks/crackles in some patches (mainly - but not only - in those with Vibrato) ?
    Oddly, not all notes are affected but only some of them.
    I tested this instrument on three computers with Kontakt 4/5 and this issue always happened.

I would like to buy this great product, but I'm afraid that the same problem may occur with the legal version.
    Is there any update which solves this issue ?

Exemple : Instrument "Original Settings" > "Novachord 300120 Full Vibrato.nki"
    http://www.uploadmusic.org/MUSIC/8007981318375156.mp3

Thanks.

3. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

It may sound stupid, but there are multiple places in Kontakt where the sound can clip, the instruments have their own meter, and then there is one on the main output, may be others depending on the patch. I have actually had a problem like that, but it was in Kore and I had to dial down to which thing was clipping

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

I'm assuming that's a C note, I played the same, in the 2 layer init patch, Full vibrato...same result, but only really noticeable when maxing out the master fader in Studio One.

Maybe thats how the original instrument sounds? It is... pretty old. :dunno:

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I don't hear it. Maybe check your levels (so that it doesn't clip).

6. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Thank to all for your time.
    Yes, it's a C4 note.
    Those crackles has nothing to do with levels ; I checked everywhere (Kontakt + Cubase).
    After further investigations, it appear that the crackles comes from the samples themselves. You can easily find involved samples via the mapping editor and listen to them with the wave editor (all Full Vibrato samples contains crackles, but a few others too).
    The rest of the samples are 100% clean, even those with the same output level (so it proves that crackles has nothing to do with clipping).
    I guess it's definitely because of the "venerable" age of this wonderful instrument...

7. Black Lotus

Black Lotus Guest

Hi Lord Gaga

there's an update for Novachord...have been added speakers Ondes!
    I don't know if this update solves the problem you mentioned!
    Greetings!!!

8. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Very interesting. But I guess this add-on will not solve the "issue" (if it can be considered as an issue...) :

"The Nova-Ondes (or Martechord, if you prefer) is a free download included with the Ondes product. If you also own Novachord, then you can install it right away and start using it. If you DON’T own both products, you won’t be able to use it. In much the same way that, in real life, you’d need to own both a Novachord AND an Ondes Martenot! The Nova-Ondes appears as an extra instrument in the Novachord Library. The update includes 25 new presets made using the new combination."

This means people who've bought the Novachord but not the Ondes will stay with the "issue"...

9. logger

logger Newbie

maybe you can find a lil' help down here ?

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?p=726118

10. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Unfortunately, no.
    Those crackles are not produced by a CPU nor hard drive overload, otherwise they would be present on all samples and not only on some - which are always the same.
    Thanks anyway.

P.S. : BTW, Novachord is the ONLY Kontakt library with which I encounter this issue.

11. jimSC

jimSC Newbie

Hi,
    Gaga : the sound you are hearing is from the novachord itself ; the vibrato oscillation on the instrument produces that sound sometimes. I personally would not describe them as 'crackles', and don't find them intrusive at all. in fact, it is the authentic sound.

So, you're now able to purchase the instrument with no worries and use it legally..

James
    Soniccouture.

12. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Hi James,

Thanks so much for your support to a warez user. That's a great and very fair-play move from you, and I think we must pin this topic for the posterity :wink:
    I must admit I was a little bit afraid to contact Soniccouture's support with such "illegitimate" request...

Even if I don't share your point of view on those "crackles" and find them a little bit intrusive, I will definitely buy your product tomorrow with my friend's credit card (cos I don't have any). I will do it because it's a fantastic product, but also to prove to all other developers that supporting warez is more profitable for them than to fight against it.

Have a good night,
    Lord Gaga.

13. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

The very picture of restraint! Well played sir, well played. (lol, classic)

14. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Now THAT... is damn cool, When I do buy some software next, Other than Studio One.. It will be a Soniccouture product, 1. because of that comment, 2. because they make damn interesting, original, and well designed libraries.

Respect! :bow:

15. logger

logger Newbie

James, you're the one...... :wink:
    Great attitude