(sonible.com) smart:comp

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Jun 24, 2019.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

smart:comp

[​IMG]

Content-aware parametrization and tonal balance
    When activating the learning mode of smart:comp, the plug-in analyzes the incoming audio signal and sets specific parameters that result in well-balanced compression – all with the familiar look and handling of a single band compressor.

The spectral compression is all about giving a track the best possible definition and maximum transparency. By continuously analyzing the input signal across more than 2000 bands, smart:comp acts like an intelligent, ultra-high-resolution multiband compressor that dynamically smooths out tonal imbalances. It only applies compression where it is really needed and therefore ensures a consistent tonal and dynamic balance at all times.

Frequency-dependent sidechain ducking
    To seamlessly merge signals that compete for attention within the same spectral regions, smart:comp 'listens' for potential spectral clashes between the input and the sidechain signals, when operating in sidechain mode. By dynamically ducking affected frequency regions of the input signal, it creates space for the sidechain signal.

Users' choice – easy to use and fast
    smart:comp comes with a lean and intuitive user interface that allows for easy handling of this high-tech tool. Although the plug-in greatly assists in creating a fast workflow when the smart:engine is activated, users retain their control over the final outcome and are able to access and adjust all essential parameters.

Similar to sonible's smart:EQ 2, the new compressor plug-in smart:comp comes equipped with profiles for different audio sources. These profiles allow smart:comp to optimally adapt its internal processing to the characteristics of the respective input signal.

Price:€89,00 (Regular € 129,00)
    More info here

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    • Interesting x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Creative x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

4. babuk

babuk Producer

good, it's time for this. Soothe style.

5. noise.maker

noise.maker Platinum Record

Fine tunning? I am smart than AI of this compressor? :dunno:

6. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

I just got this confirmed from Plugin Boutique staff. He said yes we are eligible to get this at crossgrade price ($65, on sale) even if we do not own any sonible plugins previously... This because we will get a free copy of sonible:promixity eq+ through PB offer at the moment with any purchase..

..just in case if you looking to buy smart:comp and first time sonible user: that's how we may get at crossgrade price while it last. :shalom:

Interesting AI plugins indeed :wink:

7. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Just downloaded the demo for this. Really is pretty nice. Idk if it's enough to justify buying another compressor, but it does some cool things. IMO the spectral comp either sounds quite good or sounds like it's not doing much, but I haven't put it on anything where it just sounds bad. The sidechain spectral ducking is pretty sweet too.

8. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

I think it's a very good compressor. Even this guy thinks so.:rofl:

9. Riccarlo

Riccarlo Noisemaker

So what the AI exactly do?

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It makes people believe it is doing something really smart. Soon you will see all programs using "A.I." for what is essentially something like that annoying Microsoft "Clippy" from Office '97. Real A.I. is as far as it has always been. People are just looking for more ways to sell their stuff.

Personally, when I decide to use a compressor for something, I know why, and I know how I'm going to use it. I don't need any "A.I." to tell me that, just use your ears. Do you need an "A.I" to wipe your arse after you take a shit? Of course, not. :rofl:

That's the state of "A.I" today. Just a new buzz word, salesman pitch, a fad for rookies, wannabies, and gullible people. Sorry. :sad: When you know how a compressor works, and you know how to make it work the way you want it to work, when you know what you want to achieve with it, any compressor will do just fine.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

@SineWave yeah I really don't see much of a point to the AI in this thing. It only gives you a few options - and unless they have genres and styles built into their algorithm - doesn't really take the source into account all that much. Id be happy if they'd have scrapped that aspect of it and given you deeper control over the spectral processing.

Between this, soothe, and that new module on Neutron 3 - which I can remember because fucking lol at $100 for that upgrade - seems like this thing with many bands of spectral compression is becoming a bit of a fad.

I gotta say I do really like the sidechain ducking. A lot of the time I'd group all the channels of synths/instruments and multiband compress that with a sidechain from my vocal tracks, but this does something very similar and it might even be better.

12. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

It's a spectral intelligence. Smart ghost in the comp machine.

13. Riccarlo

Riccarlo Noisemaker

I guess so! Just marketing!It would be good if it really was working... Some time ago I tested smart eq2! Supposed to have AI to make the perfect eq balance, which would be handy at list removing various resonance. The thing is not really Smart...i tried to smart eq a kick drum, record it with eq and then smart eq again and I get the same curve ...
    !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. sms2000

sms2000 Ultrasonic

lolz I watched it as well. looks like a pretty cool vst. even though this guy usually "snake oil" some stuff he has a point

15. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

meanwhile Melda Spectral Dynamics is available for years....

16. Always Grateful

Always Grateful Kapellmeister

This looks great and you hear the difference. What Gulfoss response?

[​IMG]

Content-aware parametrization and tonal balance
    When activating the learning mode of smart:comp, the plug-in analyzes the incoming audio signal and sets specific parameters that result in well-balanced compression – all with the familiar look and handling of a single band compressor.

The spectral compression is all about giving a track the best possible definition and maximum transparency. By continuously analyzing the input signal across more than 2000 bands, smart:comp acts like an intelligent, ultra-high-resolution multiband compressor that dynamically smooths out tonal imbalances. It only applies compression where it is really needed and therefore ensures a consistent tonal and dynamic balance at all times.

Frequency-dependent sidechain ducking
    To seamlessly merge signals that compete for attention within the same spectral regions, smart:comp 'listens' for potential spectral clashes between the input and the sidechain signals, when operating in sidechain mode. By dynamically ducking affected frequency regions of the input signal, it creates space for the sidechain signal.

Users' choice – easy to use and fast
    smart:comp comes with a lean and intuitive user interface that allows for easy handling of this high-tech tool. Although the plug-in greatly assists in creating a fast workflow when the smart:engine is activated, users retain their control over the final outcome and are able to access and adjust all essential parameters.

Similar to sonible's smart:EQ 2, the new compressor plug-in smart:comp comes equipped with profiles for different audio sources. These profiles allow smart:comp to optimally adapt its internal processing to the characteristics of the respective input signal.

Price:€89,00 (Regular € 129,00)
    More info here

[/QUOTE]