Sonarworks 4 - Yamaha HS 80 with Sub

Discussion in 'Software' started by BenniTheBlockbuster, May 8, 2021.

1. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

Hi , i have the Sonarworks 4 Software from the Sister Site ( Version 4.4.7) , ive setted up my AKG K 712 Pro , but the difference is just a little bit woith Sonarworks.

My Room isn´t very good, just a little bit of Absorbers and a little bit Diffusion.
    Im running Yamaha HS 80 with the Yamaha Sub .

When i buy this : https://www.thomann.de/de/sonarworks_soundid_ref_measurement_micro.htm

Is it possible to use the Software to run my System Completely with the Release from the Sister site and calibrate my Speakers correctly ?

Or is the Release just for Headphones ?

Thanks

3. Jim Von Gucci

Jim Von Gucci Producer

Hi, yes if you buy the sonar works microphone you can use it with the cracked version.
    I found it did correct my speakers as one speaker is a little closer to a wall so I could see it do the left side correction. But I just don't use it. I use a smaller speaker so I don't have to worry about the room. I only use hs8 sub at the end just to set the sub level and then turn it off and check on hs8's at the end. So similar set up to yours. But lately I'm mostly mixing on a small speaker and flick between that and some Adam A7X' monitors as they have less ear fatigue then my HS8's.

4. BenniTheBlockbuster

Allright thank you , i´ll buy the Mic i think !

5. court

court Noisemaker

6. ADiSH

ADiSH Ultrasonic

7. virtualsound100

virtualsound100 Member

I use too the Behringer ECM8000 and its work good, i have the calibration file from here,
    look at the bottom of the website, there is a download link ECM8000 calibration file
    https://www.sonicstudio.com/amarra/irc_mic.php

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Molton curtains are particularly good when you sit directly in front of the window. The loudspeakers should be about 1 m away from the wall, but at least 0.5 m away.

Molton is a fabric mostly made of 100 percent cotton, the characteristic of which is that it is roughened on both sides. It can be made flame-retardant. Due to the roughness, Molton absorbs sound and light. The effect depends essentially on the weight per unit area of the molton. The light qualities (up to approx. 190 g / m²) are plain weave, the heavier (from approx. 250 g / m²) moltons such as stage moltons are regularly made in twill weave. Molton is often used on stages, in theaters, (home) cinemas and discos. The term molton is derived from French and means "soft", which reflects just one of the many properties of the fabric.

Improving room acoustics: 7 improvements you need to know!

Room acoustics are a major success factor in mixing and mastering. It is not for nothing that professional studios optimize the surround sound down to the last detail. That can be very expensive. But also small and inexpensive changes can improve the acoustics.

Use bass traps

In order to get the cleanest possible bass, it should be caught with the help of bass traps. In this case, I can only advise that a lot helps a lot. Ideally, every corner of the room is lined with bass traps. These break the low frequencies. This avoids standing waves and the bass appears drier. You can also avoid booming bass with it.

Furniture such as a large couch or filled chest of drawers can eat up the bass in case of doubt. However, I wouldn't just rely on that.

There should be a curtain in front of each pane

Unless you're in the air raid shelter, I'll assume that your room has at least one pane of glass. Unfortunately, these tend to make the sound “clink”. Especially when the monitors are directly in front of the window, this can lead to undesirable effects such as overemphasis on certain frequencies and distortion of the stereo image.

That is why I recommend hanging a thick curtain in front of each window, which also functions as an absorber. Thick velvet curtains are not pretty, but they are practical. So there should be no more problems as soon as it closes.

Pay attention to the ceiling and floor as well

Just like the disc, the floor and ceiling reflect very strongly. Precisely for this reason, you should definitely not ignore them. Broadband absorbers on the ceiling in particular have an enormous effect on the sound of the room.

If you don't already have a carpet, you can, for example, pimp the sound with individual carpet elements in larger rooms.

Don't rely on your furniture

Furniture also absorbs a wide variety of frequencies. A large couch in particular likes to absorb bass. However, these are mostly products of chance.

A measurement microphone can be used to obtain a reliable result as to whether the previous installation produces a good surround sound. The measured values can then be used to target the optimization. The measurement microphone should definitely be set up in the position of your listening position (in the sweetspot).

Leave room for reverberation

This is especially true of people who tend to do a little too much of everything. A room should sound and not be dead. The so-called RT60 value at 0.3 seconds is ideal. This value describes the decay of a sound source of 60dB.

If you completely cover the room with absorbers, it sounds too dry. This is definitely more of a disadvantage than an advantage. A room that is too dry also puts pressure on the ears and is perceived as uncomfortable.

So-called diffusers are used in order to minimize the flutter echoes in the room, which can be heard in the middle. As a rule, several of these elements are installed at eye level in the room.

Don't sit too close to the wall

The frequencies want to spread in space. Unfortunately, this is even more difficult, especially in small rooms. The listening position is ideally ⅓ of the room away from the wall.

If that is not possible, every meter that the boxes are away from the wall counts.

Small steps solve big problems

Often it is small tweaks that solve big problems. Bass absorbers alone are guaranteed to improve the sound of the room.

9. ADiSH

ADiSH Ultrasonic

like i said, its as good mic but this is a generic file, every mic is different. withe sonarworks mic every one is being calibrated and got its own file.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. virtualsound100

virtualsound100 Member

Are you sure that each sonarwork mic is specially calibrated?, I don't think so, where is it written there? If that were the case,
    then all headphone profiles would be incorrect ?, because every headphone also has differences,
    There are only marginal differences and is acceptable, if you want it so precisely, then you also have to include your audio interface, because there are also differences in frequencies.

11. DKB

DKB Producer

Yes it’s true when I brought my sonar mic I had to register the code that came with the mic and type in the code on the mic to get the file for my mic

12. BenniTheBlockbuster

Allright but....When i buy the Mic a cannot download the file for my sonarworks mic because i use the R2R Version...

How should i do that ?

13. DKB

DKB Producer

Ofcourse you can it’s only a collaboration file specific to your mic it doesn’t affect the software you use . The mic comes with a free trial as well

edit just register the mic to get the file job done

14. BenniTheBlockbuster

Allright, perfect ! Thank you Mate !

i Just dont want to buy a Mic and run into problems you know !

15. DKB

DKB Producer

Don’t worry it work I’m using it with mic on Mac

16. Jim Von Gucci

Jim Von Gucci Producer

Yes, I got a code with my sonarworks mic I had to enter was all good with the cracked software.