Sonarworks 4 installation problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by nmkeraj, Aug 8, 2021.

1. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

Hi. I have been trying to install v4.4.7 from sister site in Windows 10. But I am getting 0x80070643 -Fatal error during installation. I had installed v4.4.3 before. Although I had problem to uninstall it with the default uninstaller. So I used Revo and cleaned the system. I used also ccleaner for cleaning the registry. Now I cannot install any version. I have checked Microsoft Framework for problems with MSI packaged but it looks good. Any clues?

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

How to Fix: 0x80070643 Windows Defender Update Error
    https://techcult.com/fix-windows-defender-update-fails-with-error-0x80070643/

4. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

Thanks. But it hasn't helped. Something is still wrong.
    I attached the log.

Attached Files:

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Oftentimes antivirus programs will flag Sonarworks installers as a threat. However, we guarantee that an original installer, downloaded from our download page (and our web page in general) is virus-free. We've reached out multiple times to different manufacturers of these programs and have had their validation that our installers are indeed free of malware or viruses. In spite of that, these false flags still pop up from time to time. When this happens, please disable your antivirus and install our software. After that, please enable your antivirus again.
    Source: https://support.sonarworks.com/hc/e...tall-or-run-sonarworks-on-most-recent-version

6. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

I have found a folder with Systemwide.exe and removed it. The installation has gone properly now. Thank you for your clues. I have repaired the system as well.

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Congratulations @nmkeraj, I wrote this down here - in case other users have the same problem.

Our apologies to everyone, this is an install bug that we're fixing now. Please relaunch the installer and, reinstall Systemwide
    separately (you should be able tho choose only Systemwide to install). It should then be fine, thanks for reporting this!
    https://support.sonarworks.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009460513-Systemwide-Where-is-it-

8. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

Thanks @BEAT16. But they don’t give us the separate Systemwide installer. I don’t know what they mean. But they have SoundID now. I can’t wait for it.