Something wrong with my soundcard?

Discussion in 'PC' started by FerdinandIIIDeMedicis, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Probably cpu/drivers related.
    I hade the same issue on my laptop.
    Something went wrong and now windows has problems addressing the right resources to your audio card,thats why you are experiencing stuttering,its a driver related thing.
    Running the Tweaking.com windows repair tool fixed that issue for me on my laptop.
    Just run it and go trough all the steps.
    http://www.tweaking.com/

2. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

He mentioned that it happens *after some time* when playing a project or watching Youtube, or playing a game. So it happens when the CPU is tasked for a while. This is quite important, I think. It should be hardware re;ated, not software, but true - there is a possibility it's driver related.

Gosh, I realised that it's been a quite while since I used SoundBlaster for audio. :hahaha: Almost 2 decades. Why can't we curve space-time to get more time somehow? :hahaha:

3. FerdinandIIIDeMedicis

FerdinandIIIDeMedicis Kapellmeister

Thanks Von_Steyr, I'll try running the repair tool.

4. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

Appropriate USB Cable : since USB 2.0, good cable has the version writen on it ...
    Also, i had this problem recently and i'm not sure what the fix was but here it is :
    Uninstalled gforce graphic driver and reinstalled with only the drivers, not the"3D" or the "experience"
    Uninstalled the audiocard driver and reinstalled driver AND FIRMWARE. the firmware was up to date but it seems this is what fixed the problem.
    As for windows, i deleted history of errors in "Event Viewer - (under administrative events)
    Also deactivated & deleted History of everything related to Ractask ... (this was tricky but worth it since soundcard and computer frooze for a minute every hour)

In short, i would check first if your soundcard has a firmware update available and if USB cable fits your hardware version.

5. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

1. go to windows device manager and disable all the sound source , leave only the sound card
    2. fallow this video the video is in hebrew but you can fallow what he doing

done !! now keep your money and buy good audio interface

6. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Well, at the time, $200 was not a big deal for me. However, I agree that the card turned out to be duck shit. If you think $200 is a lot for a sound card, check out the RME HDSPe MADI FX 0 390 Channel PCIe Audio Card for only a mere $1,899. Throw in FREE SHIPPING and you have yourself one helluva deal! <LOL> If that card doesn't quite set off your inner fireworks, maybe you might be interested in the Universal Audio PCIOULT3 UAD02 PCI Express Card. At a paltry $5,999, this is a real deal breaker!
    uad2_pcie_hero_2.jpg

7. FerdinandIIIDeMedicis

Fix'd. I reinstalled my graphics card drivers and my sound card drivers and now it's fixed for good! Thanks to everyone ITT for your help!

SmokerNtz > Me sound card is fine. It may not be the most expensive one but I only needed it to record guitar, no point in buying something more expensive ATM.

8. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

that's great that you fix it :wink:!! just disable Nvidia sound drive in the device manager leave only your sound card .

9. FerdinandIIIDeMedicis

Yup that's what I did (even though that wasn't the cause of the problem), but this surely avoid further problems. ;)

10. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Finally, success! Good news (for a change).