Something weird about the newer iphones?!?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by PrettyPurdie, Nov 9, 2017.

1. PrettyPurdie

PrettyPurdie Guest

So i was watching some vids on instagram and youtube, and i noticed something odd. Everytime some streamer uses an iphone (since gen 8 i guess) it sound like someone slapped the soundgoodizer with the A preset on it. I noticed that effect also in the soundmixing of Call of Duty WW2. I think its sound horrible and i ask.my self whats the point. I mean it sound extremly nosiated (is that a word? Like when you are.sick) I can understand that companys like apple.and samsung want to deliver the clearest and most comfortable audio, but who told them that boxiness is enjoyable? Its pike a vocoder and i dont like it. Anyone else noticed it? I know you can make audio appear louder when you edit the frequencies, and i know what the loudness war is, but there has to be some kind of limit, or do we enter the 10+ db world.soon, maybe the next step is to manipulate our ears to catch more frequencies xdxdxd then we can make bat and whale music

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I wouldn't be judging the audio quality of a device by the sound coming from YouTube or a game. I'd be asking how does it sound with good headphones listening to music encoded with AAC or FLAC, which is now supported by Apple.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2017
  4. plowhorse

plowhorse Ultrasonic

PrettyPurdie, can you provide a link for example? Preferably a hi-res, since that would be lower audio compression.

5. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Yeah, that cant be the phone obviously. Mixing and mastering is kind of second nature for a mobile phone :rofl:
    Please ....

"or do we enter the 10+ db world.soon, maybe the next step is to manipulate our ears to catch more frequencies xdxdxd then we can make bat and whale music"

No, next step is to enter directly into your mind, so there is no more physical limitation. They will be able to make the voice so loud you will not think anymore.... :woot:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List