Something new, and yes I might be posting alot but I appreciate everyone here.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by iseeghosties, Apr 11, 2022.

1. iseeghosties

iseeghosties Kapellmeister

So I came up with this chillwave sounding song. Tell me what you think about it?

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @iseeghosties, well that's a surprise, I think this piece has a certain magic. On the whole, I like the piece. Keep it up.
    The end of the song deserves a fade out, it is too abrupt for you.

4. iseeghosties

HEY! thanks I actually was thinking about a fade out in the end but I didnt go with it idk why!

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

I think you should put a decent fade in, at the beginning of the file too. while you are at it. Maybe 3 seconds or less would work.

6. iseeghosties

Ill think about that next time! sounds like it would be the best thing for the track.

7. iseeghosties

Also I forgot to use the reverb haha so next time I will be using that like you said.

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

you just want to avoid clicking in your file at the beginning and end.

9. iseeghosties

dude I noticed that and its just the synth like it clicks for a small period of time.

10. iseeghosties

OH I realized that it could be the vinyl plugin I threw on one of the synths. -_- it has a noise setting and it might have added to that.

11. I like it and don't mean to discourage you in the slightest, but I think you need to take this as the 'basis' of an idea and try to create several more changes in the song that increase momentum and help maintain interest as it goes along. Listen to this dance hit track produced and mostly performed by John Robie in 1982! He also started out with a thinly defined track but then keeps adding arrangement changes throughout that build it into a powerhouse. Put a bit differently, don't settle,keep working on it, tell yourself you can take it from 'good' to 'greatness'.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2022
  12. clone

clone Audiosexual

So if you want to preserve those sorts of stylistic things; grab your rendered waveform in the daw; drag it back a second or two, input your fade value or use a fade tool at the very beginning of the file. No click, first transient preserved. Easy

13. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Yah Vinyl has a "dust" setting on it that I personally find just doesn't sound good, imo! I usually turn that off, but I like its wear/warp, if used moderately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. iseeghosties

Do you have any suggestions for a fade tool?

15. iseeghosties

Ya it can be really bad sometimes. Even using samples like thrown in that are vinyl can be bad. But I guess if you are making lofi then it is good to use.

16. clone

clone Audiosexual

If you are just rendering your file out of your DAW, that is the easiest placed to do it. In Logic, you can literally go to the region parameters, and type in the Values you want for fade in/out and a curve value if you want. I use a ton of samples in my projects, so I usually apply very small values to every sample's properties before I copy them out into further use. It's good for clicking, but also longer fades like you want; especially when you do not want to manually draw them in. Whatever DAW you are using probably has some very similar functionality or features. It can be a time saver in the long run.

[​IMG]

17. iseeghosties

Ya im using ableton so I will try to figure that out! thanks for the info though it helps alot

18. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. clone

clone Audiosexual

He says if you set it to Add Fades to Clip Edges in preferences so Ableton automatically does this; it is around 3 milliseconds. That is usually just about perfect anyway. That's great. Logic probably does too, but I do it manually per sample and would probably prefer that. Either works, this is one of those tips you ignore doing even after being told a million times. But it does work great. You can skip manually crossfading in a majority of situations.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  20. iseeghosties

So I just looked at my DAW and its already enabled so im guessing its the serum vst thats doing it like the sound I made. I might need to adjust that or try something else.