Something I'm woking on...

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by maedaluse, Feb 15, 2012.

1. maedaluse

maedaluse Newbie

Hi. I wrote and recorded all parts with a midi controller, and am stuck on where to take it. I would like to know what anyone thinks about it, and if you might have a suggestion on how to develop it further. It's very bare bones, needs a bass part (among other things), arrangement, and am planning to add vocals at some point (if you are a vocalist and seem interested in recording to this when it's finished let me know, as I can't sing). Thanks!

Attached Files:

3. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

What exact type of Genre are you looking for this to be? I ask mostly becuase being as barebones it could be taken in almost anyway. I guess a better question to ask is how you invision your vocals because once you had an idea for the vocals/vocal pattern the rest should get easier. Then you just imagine how the vocals are and let your brain fill in the instruments under it and keep expanding.

I like the part at 118. It sounds like a chorus riff as it seems have more power and be more driven than the rest of it.

I'd also suggest that the piano not be the main point of the track. I'd say in many genre's that have piano's as just another instrument usually don't make it the center. Especially if it repeats/loops alot. Maybe tie in the drums more or have a nice counter harmony with the bass once you add it in.

I dunno just idea's. Good luck.