someone without 10 $$$($) headphones

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Gyro Gearloose, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

yes man...it needs vent system....open window fckn often or mold

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

At least he will not freeze to death. :dunno:
    A word of advise when doing rock wool treatment. Before you decide to basically fill up your whole room with rock wool, buy or assemble a few panels first and see if you can work with them first as some people are allergic to fibers or it causes them some discomfort, heavy breathing or nervousness. Especially if you sleep in that room.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Gyro Gearloose

woohhooo..whole flat in rock wool...a dozen layers over the wool....mucho hours.....and then...oh shit im allergic :phunk::metal::hahaha:

4. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I was so happy to see them creating what I thought was a sub-floor but was soon chagrined that it was only wall framing. Boy, did they waste a ton of money for what will amount to what El Darth calls, a "wonderful techno sauna wired for sound".

https://ibb.co/FK42p20
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Personnally my priority is to buy gear to make music first.So a good computer,softwares,audio interface,monitors,midi keyboard,synths,mic,etc...
    It's a nonsense to begin with treatment.

6. MarkSlater

MarkSlater Producer

I feel you, because I always thought the same thing, changed 6 pairs of monitors on the way, hoping for the next, more expensive pair of monitors to help me achieve good results on mixing. Until last year, when I finally invested in treating my room properly. I so regret that I didn't do that as first thing. It would have help me save so much money and time.

I now have 3 pairs of monitors, from 300 to 1500 euro / pair. I can achieve good results on any of them in the treated room, but I wasn't able to get great results on any of the monitors, in the untreated room. But maybe it's just me and I suck at mixing, which is not excluded, because I am mainly a producer, not a sound engineer. :boombox:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Gyro Gearloose

only logical....but at some point you kno...i think maybe you even there yet :mates:

8. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I m not owner,you know...So I am not sure to keep this appartment long time.I can't modify everything as I would like.
    My current room is very bad for acoustics,but I will arrange a new room soon.I will do few treatment but not best like on the videos you posted!

9. MarkSlater

MarkSlater Producer

You don't need to do it like in that video. Just cover the reflection points. Bobby Owsinsky has a video on Youtube explaining preety clearely how to do it. I invested about 200 euro in making my own panels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG] I fell in that trap too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

All the studio treatment in the world isn't gonna help if you have nothing decent to record music on. And yes, I mentioned it in the first place because he probably did buy that cheese grater first, and spent a small fortune, like a lot of studio bozos do, to get cards, drives and mods to keep it running something close to a present-day Mac.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/1...is-12-years-old-and-is-the-best-mac-ever-made

12. tun

tun Rock Star

agreed. there is no point in a beautifully treated room where no music is made.

13. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

If you can make a mix sound good on Yamaha NS-10 monitors it will sound good just about everywhere.

14. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Treated room, floating floor, room within a room, isolated foundation.... Are you guys aware of the $$ and time that it takes to build a decent control room and live room? Not everyone is able to afford the price of the acoustic design, materials, and labor. Moreover, keep in mind that it is not something that can be done overnight. Building permits alone (required in some places) can take months.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Absolutely true. Before we started building this last studio i'm in about 15 yrs ago, i had to apply for a "building permit", because although it was already a basement warehouse, it was in a building with everything else being inhabited appartments and i would be (on paper and by the law here) altering the original structure of the building. More over, i had to employ a chief architect and a civil engineer overseeing the project, and both had to sign another official application i had to make, in order to prove that the build would not be sound polluting or disturb any neighbours through sound leaks. Also, because the studio was build with a partial EU funding (38%) i had to have yet another permit that the air conditioning and other electrical appliances used were also enviromentally friendly.
    Even then, i had to still wait for an official commitee to come and check the build after it was finished and give their final approval that it is safe to use the studio and doesn't sound pollute or annoy any of the appartments in the building or the adjacent buildings.
    All in all, although we finished (i had a building crew working regurarly on the clock) everything in about 3 months, it took a full year to be able to operate the studio legally. So yeah, talking about burocracy ? Here you are, living proof lol.
    Cheers:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List