Someone finally made a utility to use Push 2 in other DAWs

Discussion in 'Live' started by Cav Emp, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

https://www.silenceandsound.com/

Right now it's pretty basic and lacks a lot of functionality but the guy says he's going to keep developing if there's any interest. For only 9 bucks, I find it very much worth it despite what it may lack.

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Unfortunately it's too little too late, might have been interesting a year ago.

But today, with its sky high price tag I don't think that Push2 will attract anyone who is not already using Live.

Just consider that NI releases Jam next week and that it will do pretty much what Push2 does... but for half the price and it should work fine on almost any DAW, including Live.

4. ash1

ash1 Ultrasonic

Ni jam
    its just another poor effort to copy push 2
    but doesn't even come close

5. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

It's not even out yet: How would you know?

6. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Jam is certainly not meant to be a push "copy". Too different.
    It offers a well-supported 8x8 switch grid combined with touch faders - neither Push nor Launchpad nor APC40/mini offer that. It's what Maschine users have been missing quite a bit, so I see its best use in combination with Maschine MK2 hardware in either Maschine or another well-supported DAW like Live plus Maschine run as a plugin.

@mrpsanter: Push 2 makes a lot of Ableton Live-related plus some new functionality available on the hardware, except for the 8x8 matrix in no way comparable with Jam imho.

7. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I can agree with you there. I don't think that was the point of this particular program. It's for people who already own Push 2 and want to use it at least to play the pads in their secondary DAW. Like me.

@fiction interesting position. What makes you say Jam's grid is so superior?

I just woke up and this message had to be edited a million times for bad typing/grammar

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016