some vst that can change my own chord progression respecting the chords?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ryck, May 22, 2022.

1. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Yes, yes, I undertand perfect that u said. all this that you shared help me very much. ( now no used traslated)
    This videos that u shared, i see today. U right, Oly shared before, and this is very interesting ( reMidi + scaler ). No is that i need, but is very good idea for create melodies, chords progression, etc.

2. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

That wonderful MIDI transformer was already a really mature item way back in Logic 5 (2003?)
    I still use it today running Logic 5 Platinum on a PC. Works fabulously. Still does some tricks that I can't find in any other DAW.
    My analogy would be...
    I use Word (capable and cumbersome) for real word processing but still regularly use light fast Notepad for small text tasks.
    I use a modern DAW (capable and cumbersome) for real music making but still regularly use light fast Logic 5 for small music tasks.
    The difference being that if really pushed - you could still actually master an entire production using antique Logic 5.

3. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Nothing at all - no criticisms at all. - YOU HELPED ME - your comments helped me see that I wrote something ambiguous.
    YOU HELPED ME to improve what I said - thank you.

Now we have (I think)...
    reMIDI does not do exactly what you want (no surprises there).
    reMIDI does take some very interesting steps towards what you/we want.
    And also ''maybe' if you continue to explore it - it can do more than you have discovered so far.
    That's what happened to me when I looked at it. At first, I thought I understood it, but then I discovered more.

Happy hunting :)

4. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

About these comments...
    Maybe what you should explore are 'styles-oriented' programs. These are mostly NOT VSTs. So you need to think about working with them as stand-alone programs and just get used to moving the MIDI around between these programs and your DAW. Key feature is you enter YOUR chord progressions and ask it to provide stylistic suggestions. e.g. what would a jazz quartet do with your rock progression? I made comments about styles programs before in this thread.
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/software-for-inspiration-in-musical-composition.51464/#post-444491
    But there's plenty more that could be said. Just like all the nice toys already mentioned in this thread, Styles programs can be used very creatively.

---
    You said...
    You should be exploring the sister site - essential for sanity and your wallet.

5. b2d40c208e3cb7b741f2

b2d40c208e3cb7b741f2 Ultrasonic

You can definitely add your own MIDI variations to EZkeys. Find the Toontrack folder, subfolder EZkeys\Midi. You'll see the factory and expansion files in there with no extension, but don't worry. You can add standard MIDI files (with one track) to this folder and it will make it available in EZkeys. What I do is symlink my MIDI library folder here so I don't have to copy/sync stuff as it grows/changes.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  6. tornado

tornado Newbie

my question is is there a programme that can play midi's in our own chords scaler captain plug'n these don't work it doesn't translate the patterns properly