some very mellow tracks for you all - I hope someone enjoys some of them

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by MarkyMW, Jul 3, 2021.

1. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

Here's the collection, hope you enjoy it:

• Like Like x 13
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  3. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Nice to hear real guitars sounding in this forum. I really enjoyed your work, specially "In the blue grass". Thanks for share.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @MarkyMW, great music - balm for the stress-ridden society.

i say thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

Thanks guys, so good to hear people are enjoying it :) - its always tough to know whats what when you're creating for yourself...

6. Ed Jachimowicz

Ed Jachimowicz Producer

It's difficult to hear but the first track has very soft drums that seem to be out of sync with the guitar part. Especially in the first part of the song after the initial break. Since the guitar is so loud it's difficult to hear what the backing track is doing.

The feel is nice though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

Ooooh blimey. I'll take a critical listen and fix that in the next couple of days, I can't re-mix or edit today. .

Thanks for the honesty, and the complement about the feel.

I guess once you get the feel into a track the rest is knowing the tools and developing an eye for detail.

thanks again, not sure how I missed that :dunno: I'll check that out....

8. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

To me it sounds like loosely played hihats, not really out of sync. Sure, especially when the snare / rim shot and kick comes in I think that the drums overall could become more obious / present (= loud / upfront) at that point.

Sometimes it's called "macrodynamics": bringing elements more to the front or pushing them to the back by changing the loudness of different elements over the cause of the song, instead of keeping elements at stagnant volume levels.

Overall really nice compositions, very atmospheric, meditative guitar music without much nonsense!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

woo hooo :cheers: thank you -

as for the drums - Thanks, the whole loose thing is what I settled on the first time and I know, I know.... I said I wouldn't touch the re-mixing today BUT.... I thought maybe take a a look and.... trying to tighten up the drums - MAN OH MAN I quickly remembered the trouble I had the first time round....... The whole thing is kind of loose and mellow and relaxed so..... I'll take another run at it tomorrow but I'm out of my depth with this type of timing in SD3.... :crazy:

I guess the drums are quite - tough to know volume without reference tracks - any suggestions for reference tracks for stuff like this btw...? Strangely I don't really listen to this style of music.... (back inte 90s yes but now no..)

Thanks again for the compliments

10. droplet

droplet Rock Star

come on man! nice! put a voice on it

11. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

Lol and hey - thank you - and if you'd like to - Please do feel free to put a voice on it, I'd love to hear someone else's take any of my stuff, really really would love to hear a whole new perspective! The only voices I've ever used were from Vocaloids...! Oh and Labs spitfire. :)

12. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

This forum is the best...! Many thanks guys.... I just re-leveled the drums - you were right. :mates:

I've updated the online files - I did a bit of tightening up (ish) but they're still loose and thats fine by me - and no its not just because I'm incapable of getting them any tighter :bleh: I'll take another look and listen tomorrow.....

Man I love this forum - I've learnt so much - and still learning... :disco: love it !

13. droplet

droplet Rock Star

me too . i wish i had someone to sing!!!

14. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

Oh man you know it..! I took a look at Vocaloidz - it's great BUT yeah having a great singer to take it to the next level, or a new direction.... Yeh, nice...

Although, no singer no LSS to deal with (LSS = lead singer syndrome).... Joke :bleh:

15. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

Very nice tracks, they have a nice live feel which is in my opinion preferable to over produced and over polished bullshit. The only thing I find is they all sound too similar, try other ideas to spice them up

16. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

Wow cheers mate. Thanks a lot. I know what you mean about a live feel and thank you for saying this has it. :cheers:

17. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

thank you - totally what I was going for.
    soft layers so you can chillax.. even when it sounds like a synth.. it's probably a guitar..

18. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

Just before this thread dies THANK YOU all for keeping, maintaining and occupying such a great place to be

From the mostly silent (me) Thank You. This community is most appreciated. :thanks:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

:thanks:Thank you all for a safe and positive place..

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  20. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Great job on your tracks! Very nice calm music to unwind to after a long day or drive home after a party. Your music really does call for some vocals. Whether that's you, someone else or both. It sounds great now and could only get better with vocals.

21. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

wow - Thank you. As a non singer Is love to add vocals, but what would be the best way to get some vocals onto my music? I kind of gave up on this idea after vocaloids....