Some say this is the only guy to have hacked the Matrix.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Von_Steyr, Jun 13, 2017.

1. It's all to do about nothing.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

*Note the swimming pool stairs at the bottom left in the beginning of the video...:)

...a moment of zen...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. elixter

elixter Kapellmeister

4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Many good things have been born out of nothing mr. SLS :bow:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. seriousofficial

seriousofficial Kapellmeister

Man, priceless these Imagination vids! Love 'em! Good songs btw....too bad they haven't got more hit records like these.
    Because everybody seems to get the hang of it, here's one you can't leave aside:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

I think I'm enjoying OP's vid more than I'm supposed to. They have the cuties covered by hanging drapes and he's out front and center almost breaking into the robot randomly. The question is why am I playing this track on repeat.. Not going to lie that shit is the jam

8. Elisea

Elisea Guest

What can we learn from it? Sometimes its better to just know and love the songs from the 80ies and don't see the videos. It always reminds me of how naively and childish my imagination once was when i only listened to this music. So wonderful memories! :yes:

And another conclusion is: 70ies were the most embarassing years for a man because ... look at those trousers and dance moves! But then this was probably really hot stuff!

9. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

I love being the boring guy who does research. Here are some facts I gathered:
    (1) Kano actually is a band. An italian band. Luciano Ninzatti, Stefano Pulga and Matteo Bonsanto are the founders.
    (2) They chose a frontman and that's the guy you see. His name is Glenn Edritch White.
    (3) Kano was dissolved in 1985.
    (4) They are considered the pioneers of Italo-Disco, a wave that grew big shortly after.
    (5) Glenn continued to sing along for other productions after Kano. He's doing so until today.
    (6) He's using several aliases, for example Dr. Togo, Jean, Mr. Gee and Zebat
    (7) He was also member of the band Deadly Sins in the 90s, another italian project.
    (8) Here's one of the newest material I could find:

If you want to say hello, here's his Facebook

Here's to you, Glenn White: Dingaling!

10. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

Damm, he should have stuck to the vintage synths and tape...

11. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Yea, i knew it was an Italo Disco band, but like you`ve said, tried to make the topic as simple as possible.Thanx for the info though. :wink:

12. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Oh, it wasn't meant as opposing or something. I just was curious and didn't expect to find so much about it. I was giggling all along - especially when I found some of his electro contributions:cheers:

13. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

IMO Italians saved the electronic music scene with Italo Disco in the late 70s- 80s. Compared to the US dance scene at that time, it was superior-progressive sounding , grittier and didnt play as safe as the rest of the scene.

14. seriousofficial

If we're going ItaloDisco, we're going BlackBox....

15. Elisea

Elisea Guest

If you go Black Box (wich idk) i step back and instead tell you something about Italo Disco.

In the 80ies there were several Italo mixtapes around wich got copied and copied from cassette to cassette and from person to person. I owned some of them even if i was a bit to young and they sounded a bit to easy and happy for my taste. But it was electro. And electro was cool.
    If you would've listended to it then, you now would measure tape saturation from a different point of view. :mad:Because those copies were recorded several times from tape to tape, some even from ghetto blaster speaker to ghetto blaster mic. (Ghetto blaster was a cassette recorder with big speakers!) And if you were the second or the third in this recording chain, you were the happy one.

What Italo Disco did, was to ride on the typical synth basses and stomping beats everybody loved in that time. And if you went to the fun fair (in Germany "Rummel" or "Kirmes") you heared Italo mixes all around the auto scooter or twister. I loved the happy feeling in that context. (Was mostly a nice tickling in my belly when i tried to flirt or drank my first booze.) So i really have nice memories linked to that sound although i rarely know a band from this genre. It was just a pile of songs without big names, Kano was an exception because the song from first posting was indeed a hit.

Italo Disco also reminds me of mothers and fathers dancing Disco Fox to it. Wich was kind of embarassing. But Italo was easy listening like german "Schlagermusik" so there is no wondering about that.

And here is an example what it sounded like. I'am not shure, but it really could be the same mix i owned as a kid. :break:

Whoohooo! Two of hearts! Yeah! :boombox:A - a-a - a-a - i need you!! Loved that song. (How embarasseing. LoL)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2017
  16. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

says it all about that music

17. Elisea

Elisea Guest

The amount of coolness posting this video is just amazing. LoL. Guitar players shure have the right sense of humor ... but always forget how funny it sometimes is, to watch them. :hillbilly:

Btw. I'am a guitar player too. But its no reason to stick with a certain type of music. I secretly dance to future house, listening to classic, banging to Motörhead, dreaming with the 80ies and feeling cool hearing indy music in my car. Everything has its time. But please consider that some people here could find your Zappa song more embarassing than Justin Bieber or even Italo Disco. Just saying ...

18. foster911

foster911 Guest

What's the relation of future and girls? Look at the pictures. All of them are girls. Can we infer that future = girl?

Why do girls like such music?

19. Elisea

Elisea Guest

I guess those pics are click bait and for shure were uploaded by guys.

And i like this music just for its bouncy rhythm and fluffy style. Makes fun to work out with it. But I'am to old to be a fan and or to go in a house club to dance with the youth. LoL Besides I don't like everything just because its Future House. It was just an example that my musical spectrum isn't limited by anything. That doesn't mean there is no music that i really hate.:trashing:

Oh! And of course future = girls could be a nice slogan for femenists. :winker:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. seriousofficial

Damn Foster....you just always see a chance to f**k up whatever little credit it is you built up.....just unbelievable.
    I guess that having no musical taste is also having a musical taste....these tunes though....:facepalm: