Some Meditation and Relaxation Music

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RitchieM, Nov 16, 2021.

1. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

So, these are some of the tracks I have made and released on the usual streaming services. As someone with severe depression, I have used sounds like this as a way to help focus my mind and try to give myself peace and calm for a time, and figured I would make some myself. The idea with this sort of thing is that the listener subconsciously uses the motifs and the different sounds to distract the mind away from problems and has a distinct set of repeating sounds that helps them provide focus. They work for me and I now generally use these and Binaural Beats to help me sleep. I have also released just the natural sounds as tracks, but I find the music playing, within a 10 minute listen can really help provide me with a calmness.

Production-wise, it’s less about the accuracy of the string playing, it’s what fits to create a scene of calm for the listener. As I say, I use this to help me, and I haven’t tipped myself yet!

I may have created these, but I am a big advocate for good mental health, and I believe music can play a huge part, even if you don’t make music yourself. I have lived with the Black Dog for 30 years, have Aspergers, and am classed as “high-functioning”, which basically means I can appear from the outside like there is nothing wrong and I can get on with life, but inside it is turmoil, and I have had a fight every day since I was 13 with my own head. Making this helps, listening to this helps. If you suffer too and haven’t tried this sort of thing, please, give it a try. If my stuff doesn’t work for you, try someone else’s, I do believe it will make a difference. We are all on this forum because we love music, and if you struggle with your head, I really do think this stuff can make a difference. So please, give it a try, find my stuff on streaming services by searching for “Bigdog Audio”, or search for meditation or sleep music if my stuff doesn’t work, and just give it a try, it can make a big difference to your life.

Bubbling Stream

Heavens Shores

Forest Water Dreams

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @RitchieM, thanks for your music. She exudes calm and peace.

4. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

Thank you for that comment, it works for me.

5. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

This is indeed very relaxing, great job on making it yourself.

I know what you mean about needing some downtime to relax and zone out. Whenever I need a fix like this I always prefer it without music. I usually seek out real sounds of nature. This type of stuff calms you in the matter of a couple of minutes and it's very effective.

6. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

Thank you very much.

I have to say, I did these things partially to see if I could, but also because I kind of knew whatever I was listening to was missing something for me, so I made what I hoped would work for me, but then I found that when I was working on them, I couldn’t switch off after, so was a little counter-productive for their end goal!! Thankfully when finished, I can disassociate myself from the input, I can use them how I wanted. I have put them out there because I played them for a few people I know and it worked for them, so I figured why not, and I published as both with music and without because it’s something I really do believe can help people, I don’t think people take enough time to look after their mind as much as they should, maybe they don’t want to admit they struggle, maybe they don’t think they have the time, but I know if I put one of them on, after 10 minutes I am just that little bit calmer, which can sometimes be enough to stop me spiralling. Sadly we live in a world now where the constant “input” has grown more than we have psychologically evolved, and sometimes people should just take that 10 minutes and ground themselves, get that sense of calm back. And honestly, I don’t care if it’s other people’s music that they listen to, I just wish people would try, to use the power of music and maybe it will make them able to cope with the world today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I agree with everything you've said but I just wanted to add that you should try pairing this type of music with actually going outdoors and talking a walk while you listen. You'll get way more benefit for the mind this way. I'm always so glad I took a walk, especially if I've waited too long to take one.

People really should try living a slower life. Hell, they might like it. Nothing wrong with staying in to read, excercise/stretch, lounge and think on your own. I think people would go a little mad if they didn't for their own peace of mind.

8. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

have to say, I never do that, I always listen to music and walk where I can belt out songs, but I can see the benefits.

I approach it that the soundscape reminds me of happy places, so I can listen and be able to remind myself of those happy feelings. So if I am walking and listening to songs and singing, when I hear those songs again, they remind me of happy places. That said, whatever works for the individual is all that is important.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Patrick Anderson

Patrick Anderson Newbie

Great music, thank you very much. I was just looking for compositions for meditation.

10. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

Cheers Patrick, they are on the streaming services too (just search Bigdog Audio), and just the soundscapes if that suits you more.

11. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Seems like you're on your way to living this way already from the sound of your new tunes. Taking a walk a day will only amplify everything you're doing because if you're in a better mood then you are able to tackle your daily tasks much easier. Pacing yourself and living slower isn't a half bad way to live. I'm not a hippie but the outdoors does things to my brain that I cannot really explain.

12. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

3 hours of ambient music coupled with beautiful 4K aerial drone imagery, to provide you with a relaxing and calming soundtrack that is perfect for yoga, relaxation, meditation and the promotion of good mental health. The steady 60bpm music, the evolving sounds and the relaxing scenery will help you find the calm and tranquillity you need for yoga, mediation, massage, relaxation and good mental health.

If you like, please share, subscribe on YouTube, let me know your thoughts, and you can find on streaming services searching for Bigdog Audio

13. Brandon Douglas

Brandon Douglas Newbie

I usually listen to natural relaxing sounds like this to fall sleep or studying. For me, is very effective.

[

14. supertom

supertom Newbie

I often listen to sleep-aid music on this channel. The music here contains elements of Eastern meditation, which is particularly relaxing for the mind.