some kind of orchestral piece (mothers day)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Backtired, May 3, 2024.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

so i had an idea for mother's day and it slowly turned into some kind of orchestral piece. i wouldn't call it orchestral because of the structure and the lyrics (they are in italian) and everything else. i have no experience in orchestral music at all, but i think i managed to reach an *acceptable* result.
    there are a lot of mistakes that sadly i don't have the time nor the knowledge to fix, so i can consider this complete as it is.
    also, it appears that mono compatibility for strings/orchestra is an absolute nightmare. mixing in general as well, especially with the low quality vocals. also, i'm not good at mixing at all, and i mainly make electronic music.
    my favourite part is the ostinato.. it came out by mistake: i forgot to change a pattern in the violins and it made a very nice harmony blended with the other strings...
    do enjoy if you take the time to listen, have a good weekend you all
    ~back

made in ableton
    approximately 3 full days of work (starting from scratch twice included lol)
    95 bpm, D major, 3:34