Some funky moombahton - thepopenale

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by thepopenale, Nov 22, 2011.

1. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

http://soundcloud.com/thepopenale/moo-work-in-progress

My first foray into Moombahton.

Gimme some feedback, its a work in progress. Its a tad faster in tempo than usual moombah, and its almost laidback in feel imo.

Be harsh if you want, I wont cry *no*

3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Try Sly and the Family Stone!

4. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

Never heard of em, but just checked em out. Great feel-good, funk there!

Did I rip off one of their melodys or something cos I dont really understand your comment :dunno:

5. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Nahhhh ... i was just jokin! Good song :wink:

The Monkees

Best

Phloopy

6. Mental Exchange Department

Mental Exchange Department Newbie

Nice bit of work. But why label as Moombahton.Which is a rip off of trinidad reggae. check out biggerton. or joe millitant I think they are on you tube.You will see where the beat is comming from and jamacans use the same rythm beat.Its even another word for reggaton. Like said I like your work,but I dont hear that rythm of that.Check fada jam rawlings he produces that sort of rythm.
    And the jamican digga music that has the same rythm. You want dem gals to jumpah on yah bone get yer hot like chile. that rythm.Im mentioning as you can get some good ideas from the rythms. :wink:

7. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

I kinda alluded to the fact its not traditional Moombahton in OP. It started out as a Moombahton track and got a lil lost on the way. The drums are more funk than anything else I suppose.

How would you define the track? What genre?

Thanks for the comments peeps, Ill check your stuff out if ya gimme a link and constructive crit.

I love this forum. Usually the "constructive crit" I get is along the lines of "Cool song bro" :snuffy:

8. Mental Exchange Department

Mental Exchange Department Newbie

I would sort of say trip hop, dance around the flowers in the nude with yer mrs. :hug: I put my caotic stuff on youtube.
    Just tap in mentall exchange department youtube an it all comes up.I think musical abstract art politics included and the birds are a bonus if they dont run away.