Some Feedback

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Oscar, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Oscar

Oscar Newbie

http://soundcloud.com/o-s-c-ar/jacks-deep-groove-unmastered

Any and all feedback welcome, thinking of a change on the vocals as it is, maybe more groove on the hats

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

waiting for the chord changes :grooves:

4. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Maybe try a little more movement in the melody and let the hats breathe a little more... not much really going on in the high end. The hats and overall drum sound in your October Indiesh Mix sound great, really enjoyed that one. Not sure what sound you're going for on this track, but I would agree with One Reason that it drags out and gets a little repetitive. You could try glitching out the hats a little, I think the vocals actually sound pretty good, just needs a little mastering (I realize your not at that point yet). But overall I would probably not listen to this one for too long, just not quite enough going on to keep interest

5. manducator

manducator Member

Hello,

The repetitive chords have a really enoying frequency in them that should get eq'ed. It was very ear fatigueing on my headphones.

And yes, it could use some movement. But don't forget that there is more to bring movement to the chords than adding melody; you could use an autofilter and apply a low cut pattern that returns every 4 bars, or autopan or reverb that fades in and out, use your imagination.

I can understand that you want to keep the repetitiveness (is that a word, lol) of the melody but movement and repition can go hand in hand. Or try some glitch, like a stutter effect or something.

It can be a good song with a bit more movement.