some east west kontakt libraries don't work

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Seratos, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Seratos

Seratos Newbie

hello!

I have two east west kontakt libraries which don't work:
    EWQL Hollywood Choirs UNLOCKED imac-ruslan (KONTAKT)
    East.West.Quantum.Leap-Stormdrum-KONTAKT

When I register them with library manager, there ist no image.
    And in Kontakt the GUI is missing.

In EWQL Hollywood Choirs the GUI is working, but there is only this one patch to choose from:
    "EWQL Chorus [mm] [nn].nki"

I read in another thread that I have to install "East West Quantum Leap RA KONTAKT".
    There would be an installer. And then the other east west kontakt libraries should work
    after reregistration. But it didn't work and there was no installer, only nicnt file.

How can I get these libraries working? Help is very much appreciated.

3. DonaldTwain

DonaldTwain Kapellmeister

That's all there is for the Hollywood Choirs. The person who uploaded it only "unlocked" those two consonants. It's very (deliberately?) misleading.

4. rollerball

rollerball Platinum Record

The EWQL Hollywood Choirs library was never released for KONTAKT, instead it was exclusive to the East West Play engine. The person who made that libraries probably resampled from the original libraries, and the resulting library is probably missing a lot of the sample content and all the scripting. Since the library was made by someone who's not a sample library developer, it's safe to assume that the library is an Open Format library. So it can't be added to by the Library Manager and won't show up in the Libraries tab of Kontakt. You should be able to use it by just dragging and dropping the .NKI to the Kontakt interface.

The EWQL Stormdrum library was released on Kontakt and IIRC was a Kontakt Player-compatible library, so it should get by Library Manager and show up in the Libraries tab. However, it's an older library, and some of these libraries placed some images in Kontakt's Pictures folder. Since they aren't there, that might be the reason for GUI not showing up. If the library contains any Pictures folder, you can try placing them here:
    C\Users\(your username)\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt\Pictures
    This should get the job done. Let me know how it goes.