Some advice or feedback appreciated on a new Garage Tune

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by et7, Aug 20, 2015.

1. et7

et7 Newbie

Greets!

finished this tune recently and would appreciate some feedback.

had some more ideas for the DUb style delays, but got tired of working on this version,
    so im planning to rework it into another remix.

Any advice on ow to create some variations on the drums fills? I used the same sample repeatedly,
    and would like different variations on it. What do you think of the delays? any tips to incorporate
    those long DUB feedback dub delays, but still keep it clean so it doesnt interefere with the track?

Thanks!

3. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

Not sure I'd call it garage personally. More like your take on dub techno. Your kick drum needs to make your sub pump more.

In which case thin out your track to add the dub delays you mention. There's only so much you can cram in to your headroom with that bassline. Overall there's some timing issues in places which detracts from a nice atmosphere. I like it.

4. django

django Member

Firstly i like it, but I'm not really sure about it being garage either. A bit of an eskibeat vibe maybe. But the rhythm is maybe a bit too straight.

With the fills maybe alternate with another fill sample or automate the delays differently on different fills, dub delays are good when they're not synced 100% right.

The fills didn't offend me though. Hi hats/shaker loop is more of an issue for me, too straight, not enough shuffle in terms of time/velocity
    Ultimately my main feedback is I think theres not enough going on for an 8 minute track (not being harsh this is true of most tunes for me)
    cut this down to a tight 6 minutes and hi hats/fills become a minor ting.

5. et7

et7 Newbie

Cool, thank..some good advice..

I agree its not really Garage, but kind of my take on it using D&B influences on techno/house ish track.

I was going for an offbeat type groove, something different from the normal ..
    what timing issues are you referring to?

Yeah i was thinking to make it shorter for the next version, cut out a section.

I would like to chop the fills up, but not sure how to keep them sounding natural?