Some acid at 146 bpm (6 minutes)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Backtired, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

After many years of wanting to do a proper acid track, I think I finally got it.
    It's not as good as I wanted, but things are never perfect, so I prefer to label it as "finished" and that's it.

My House Is Your House
    146 BPM
    6:44
    Acid, Hard Trance, House?, Techno?

Direct link if embed's not working

There are two main patterns, one for intro/break, the other for the main hard part.
    Balancing the volumes is not as easy as I thought. I could have made the drums much more interesting, in retrospect, but I preferred to have something simple and focusing on the main acid line. Of course I couldn't miss the opportunity to do a big tempo change, going down to 60/70 and then back up to 146 for the first buildup. There's a little resonant synth that plays in the middle for a quick break, but then we're rapidly thrown back into the main line. Some hi-strings help with the tension. Also, forgot to say: I preferred to have a quick bass pattern and cut a little bit of the lows from the acid. If not, the solutions were two: keep the acid but remove the bass, and lose a lot of the bottom end or change the kick; or add more bass to the acid line but then it becomes a mixing nightmare and I'm bad a the technical side of things.

Hope you enjoy it. Please do note and tell me all the technical flaws in the piece, it helps a lot
    Cheers

--

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

That first buildup just lovely:mates:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. SpyFx ✪ ✓

SpyFx ✪ ✓ Audiosexual

@Backtired :wink: this acid techno track is PERFECTO ! :speaker: :bow:,i consider this as one of your very best works,it is so good man.
    Thank you for sharing & have a great day !

5. Snare Gel

Snare Gel Kapellmeister

sounds fantastic.

6. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

Love that TB-303 bass line, it's hardware or plugin?

7. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Hi Recoil. Since someone asked on yt as well i'm gonna explain it here.
    no, it's not hardware, even if i had one i wouldn't know how to operate it properly and wouldn't have the right setup. i used the tb-303 vst plugin from roland. saw wave, drive type: MT; chorus 2. (on channel fx: delay and reverb) I used the drag 'n drop MIDI function because sometimes the sequence was doing some weird stuff (and the manual is not helpful at all).
    i believe that if i can achieve this (which for me it's honestly good enough sounding), then an expert musicman can easily make any 303 emulation or even plugin sound like the real thing. the notes/patterns play a HUGE ROLE, it's all about the notes honestly, then you just tweak the right knobs at the right time. also the right
    i wasn't expecting people to enjoy it, thanks everyone, cheers

-- a screen from the arrangement, i like to share :))
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022