SOLVED - Studio One 3.3 'loses' the Waves plugin

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by mrpsanter, Feb 11, 2017.

1. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I really need some help with this one.

Yesterday, while loading an ongoing project in S1, a Waves plugin was tagged as if not installed on my system (Win10 x64) which is of course not accurate.

upload_2017-2-11_11-4-16.png

On this screenshot, you can see that the plugin is indeed installed but when I try to drag and drop it into an existing track, nothing happends.

While starting S1, the plugins are indeed detected correctly but when I try to insert one of Waves plugin on a new track, nothing happend as well.

Worst case would be to uninstall all the Waves package and reinstall it but this would be a PITA because I have many tracks that use this Waves plugin but with different parameters.

3. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Works fine here. Most likely you did bad update in the past. Just reinstall (waves plugins).
    [​IMG]

4. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Thanks for the feedback.

It used to work before yesterday and I didn't touch anything since the plugins installation back in last December.

I could indeed reinstall the whole thing but it would be a pain because I would have to redefine each instance on each track of the whole project.

Looks more like a bug to me but I was just wondering if you guys faced something similar by chance?

5. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

totally not true friend.

6. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Maybe the files paths for the plugs are corrupted? "Was working yesterday" is not relevant if it's the case, it's really "easy" for some .dll to get corrupted when the system booted today. Check the files paths of your VSTs, the location .dll that your DAW uses... Do you use the Waves wrapper to call the plugins or do you have individual VST .dll in your plugins list within S1?

Also, best thing to do right now to know if it's Waves or S1 screwing up is to try loading up the same plugins into another DAW!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  7. mhacko

mhacko Member

Try to run Studio One as administrator ....
    or presets can be save when reinstall reload presets ...

8. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

It's now solved: Following RedThresh suggestion, I launched Sonar and then tried to launch one of Wave's. The difference with S1 is that in Sonar, I received an error message stating that no license was found (which is weird but anyway).

Then it was a simple matter to regenerate a new license and everything is now working. :wink:

9. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Gotcha! Glad you had it solved so quickly! :yes:
    Waves licenses disappearing "randomly" is not uncommon, I think in most cases it's because the related PC is connected to the Interwebs.