(Solved) STEAM folder corrupted or incomplete??

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by BaueTe, May 13, 2020.

1. BaueTe

BaueTe Newbie

Hello I am trying to get Omnisphere working for a couple of days now. I already got Keyscape fully functional and running perfectly. But with Omnisphere I have some problems. Most of them are now out of the way with a special thanks to @The Pirate :) But I still have one issue that he can't help mee with because I am on Mac.

I am getting a notification that Omnisphere cannot load a Soundsource: 'Cannot load Soundsource "Name Soundsource" from directory "Core Directory". File may be missing try refreshing the soundsource browser.'

So i refreshed the soundsource browser but it did not do much. What is also weird is that my STEAM/Omnisphere folder is only 16 gigs while it should be something like 42 GB.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

I am running Omnisphere 2.6.0 on my MBP
    MacOS Catalina V 10.15.4
    3,1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I will tell you this much. Omnisphere can't load what does not exist. Your Factory Core Library should be 54.3GB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. BaueTe

BaueTe Newbie

But where did I go wrong? I followed the installation steps exactly as I was supposed to..

5. Gon131

Gon131 Newbie

then do it again bro reinstall the steam folder again

6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Vro your problem has nothing to do with the installation proces. It has to do with download/unpackl. This is very easy to find out. What is the size of your download without unpacking?

7. BaueTe

BaueTe Newbie

Thanks I'll download and install it again and when I'm done I'll come back to you and share the result!

8. BaueTe

BaueTe Newbie

I did it it's all running perfectly thanks for the help!

9. MikewithHeart

MikewithHeart Ultrasonic

Could use a hint to the right direction, please. Hope I can be saved from redownloading the whole Omnisphere & Keyscape, or at least download and unpack it in a manner that will result in a 100% working library.

Downloaded Pirates Release via Oboom, unpacked with winrar. There were no errors unpacking the ISO and copying files from image. (sadly don't have the ISO anymore).

Omnisphere error:
    1 "Cannot access Smoke.db file..." I don't have that file in that Impulse Responses folder. (got Pirates release).
    2 "Cannot load SoundSource "Vintage Vibe Vibanet ^ in Directoy Keyscape Library. Try refreshing index Browser.
    3 Cannot load SoundSource "Glock Toy Piaro ^ RR in Keyscape....
    4 ...... Soundsource "MKS-20 E Piano 2 ^ in Keyscape
    and some others

if beloved @The Pirate - or anybody else as proficient - could point me to the right direction. would be much appreciated.

Edit: Om softw 2.6.2c; soundsources 2.6.0c, patches 2.6.0.c, Moog 1.4e
    Keyscape Soundsoure 1.0.2Lite (what? lite? is that normal?), keyscape patches 1.3c lite, keyscape creative patches 1.1c

10. Fapo

Fapo Newbie

I am missing one file, too:

- MKS-20 E Piano 2.db

Where can I find the file?
    THX in advance!