[SOLVED] Sonar Platinum - missing modules from pro-channel

Discussion in 'DAW' started by RMorgan, Jun 15, 2016.

1. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Hey guys,

So, I've decided to give the new Sonar Platinum a try. I've downloaded and installed the lasted version from AZ.

The problem is, both the console and tape emulation modules are missing from the pro channel drop down list. Everything is there, including all Softube's stuff, except for these two modules.

I've looked for solutions on the web and tried a couple of them, but nothing worked.

So, any experienced Sonar user could give me a hand?

Thanks in advance,

R.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016

Attached Files:

3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Did you dl additional content?

4. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Actually, no. :dunno:

So, I'm guessing these modules actually come with the additional content, right?

I'll have to download 7 gigs just for this? Isn't it possible to download the modules separately?

Thanks.

5. Cardamom

Cardamom Platinum Record

Oh-oh-oh! I KNOW THIS ONE! I KNOW THIS ONE!!

Hi guy. Okay here's what happened to moi.

I ran Ccleaner's registry cleaner (or was it Yamicsoft's Reg cleaner?) and it wiped out the registry entries for the pro-channel! Gone! Had to reinstall everything from square one. In fact, my best results came after installing X1 first, then X3, and THEN the newest iteration - but hopefully, you'll not have to do all that.

Wipe the Sonar off your system using the normal program uninstall through your control panel. Remove all references to CAKEWALK in your registry (but make a backup just in case, before-hand) and then restart and reinstall Cake. Don't run a registry cleaner after that - they're hardly effective on a fast, up-to-date system.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Cardamom

6. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

just use slate vtm or uhesatin on the busses. the console emu was a gimmick anyways

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

I've already tried that. Wiped it completely from my system using Revo Uninstaller, then installed it all over again. Didn't work.

Sure, I could do that, but the whole fun comes from testing Sonar's native resources...

Anyway, could someone confirm that the console and tape emulations come bundled with the additional content, like Von_Steyr said? I wouldn't make much sense, since all other modules come with the main install, but who knows...

8. The Koala

The Koala Ultrasonic

@RMorgan, maybe sending you the .dll files in PM and putting them in Cakewalk/Shared Utilities/Interal can do the trick ?

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Well, if you could do that for me, my friend, I'd like to give this a try. Thanks!

10. The Koala

The Koala Ultrasonic

11. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Fired up Sonar.
    Missing modules here as well,must be additional content.
    Also,this daw has probably the best looking faders,look and respond so real.
    With the Gui update probably the best looking daw right now,yea this thing is meant for serious business.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

And now we wait, enthralled to see what the outcome will be.

13. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

lol

The workaround suggested by The Koala didn't work, unfortunately. An error popup showed up for both dlls while scanning.

Like Von_Steyr said, they must come bundled with the additional content.

Before downloading an extra 7 gig of content, I'll try to download the Cakewalk Command Center directly for their website and install them from there, then use the R2R patch.

I'll let you know if it works.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Lean

Lean Producer

There a few Pro channel Modules missing from picture such as BOZ Plugins i.e Bark Of Dog, Panipulator & Bendeth. You also missing Concrete Limiter but that is an extra module u have to buy seperate like the PC4K S-Type Expander & PC4K S-Type Compressor.
    Also missing some such as CA2-A T-Leveling Amp which pretty cool.
    U also missing Tape emulator but that included with Platinum I think & not extra content. Should also B 8 style Dials I think. There also some extra content that u buy separate.
    Big Bonus is that u got the Softube bundle which is great and u normally have to buy separate & costs a bit unless u get a deal.
    One thing I found was that a couple of bits are included in the Professional Bundle i.e install Professional Also & u normally come up with a few extra bits or instruments not included with just the Platinum so worth checking content of that install
    Deffo check out the newish LP EQ linear phase equalizer & LP MB multi-band compressor as they make pretty good additions.
    I started using Sonar Platinum again after a long break. B4 Gibson took over it was pretty damn buggy and not too hot.
    Now it's pretty damn good & getting better all the time. You can also get some pretty good deals i.e Addictive Drums included with other Bits from partnerships with AAS and a few other companies.
    Personally I haven't had many problems at all & the support much improved.
    They updating monthly & working extra hard at making it one of the best DAW's around & doing a good job imho. They adding features that some DAW's don't have which is always cool.
    If u already signed up and paid some installments they give u lifetime updates for 99 dollars which pretty damn cool imo.

Deffo worth checking out to see if it suits your way of working & compare with other DAWs & getting better all the time :bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Damn, I was really hoping it would, Not that I have any plans on using it, but I love it when a bit of ingenuity pays off.

16. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Hey guys, just an update.

I gave up. Tried all sorts of stuff to make modules show up, including downloading additional content and installing their Boutique and Engineer FX Suites, whipping out all data and installing everything all over again, resetting and scanning the plugin directory a billion times, but nothing works...There's always a bunch of modules randomly missing from the module selection dropdown menu...Sometimes my softube plugins show up, sometimes they don't...The console emulation showed up a few times, then it didn't...

The thing is just too buggy for my taste. I don't have any tolerance for this kind of software anymore. When I install something, I want it to simply work as its supposed to.

Anyway, that's it. Thanks everyone for the help.

R.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

UPDATE

Just want to let you know that I've figured out the missing ProChannel modules problem.

You actually have to download the extra 7Gb content just to install a 29Mb executable called PlatinumCorePlugins. Then it will add the missing Console and Tape emulation modules and a bunch of other ones.

Since you've download the full content, you might want to install other small FX libraries that come bundled with it, such as BoutiqueFXSuiteSetup, ClassicCreativeFXSetup, EngineeringFXSuiteSetup, StudioMixingFXSetup and BozPCModuleCollectionSetup. This will add a bunch of other cool ProChannel modules and individual effects.

That's it. I actually think someone should put all these executables in a zip file and upload them to the sister site.

Cheers,

R.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  18. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Thanks for the update Morgan.
    So only 7 gigs a?Should be interesting to test.

19. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Actually, out of those 7Gb, you only need 29Mb. The rest is useless sample libraries.

I'll send anyone interested a link, but only tomorrow. Drop me a PM, if interested.

20. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

Definitely interested . . . please and thank you =)

21. A.MAN

A.MAN Newbie

Dude can you send my that 29mb of file please.