[SOLVED] Ozone 8 Installation Error on Win 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by xerxes_tg, Jan 2, 2019.

1. xerxes_tg

xerxes_tg Newbie

Hi all,
    I get an Error during the Ozone 8 or Nectar 3 Installation with the following message:
    "An error occured while trying to create a file in the destination directory: Access denied."

I get this at the status of creating the index.html file in C:\Users\...\iZotope\Ozone 8\HTML Help\en\index.html.

Anyone having the same issue? Appreciate any support, thanks.
    This is happening on all new R2R versions of iZotope.
    I have deinstalled the previous version, iLok driver, registry etc. but still the same problem.

Happy New Year 2019!

3. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

Propably u dont have "permission" to save/modify sth on system disk.... U have to add rights.
    1. https://www.askvg.com/add-take-ownership-option-in-file-folder-context-menu-in-windows-vista/
    2. after that... right click on system disk -> take ownership
    3. install ozone again.... it should work.

4. CosmicStorm

CosmicStorm Member

I have an error too, with all of the iZotope software on windows 10, but I think it's VR's in my case. Anytime I want to load one of the plugins my DAW crashes (the first time was awful, I hadn't saved anything off of the session). So I'm sticking to the Elements versions that I legally own.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  5. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

disable UAC and run installers as admin (right-click and run with admin rights)

6. xerxes_tg

xerxes_tg Newbie

Thanks, I have tried this but Take ownership is not possible on the system disk.
    However I have tried to "Take Ownership" on the documents folder.

But it's not working!

The right click on documents folder is showing that it is "read-only". So it must be definitely a permission issue. I think I need somehow to remove the read-only attribute, right?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  7. xerxes_tg

xerxes_tg Newbie

UAC is already disabled and I have tried to run it as Admin before, but again the same problem.

8. xerxes_tg

xerxes_tg Newbie

SOLVED!
    It was just my Bitdefender protecting the folder "My documents" - I have just disabled it and now I can install it!
    If you just have Windows Defender, you have to go to Virus and Threat Protection settings and then Controlled Folder Access and disable that.