[SOLVED] Orchestral Tools Symphonic Sphere returning "Library Not Installed"

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by puppi, Apr 26, 2020.

1. puppi

puppi Member

Hello everyone,
    it's a couple days already that I've tried everything but I cannot get Orchestral Tools Symphonic Sphere to work with an auto-generated NINCT file.

Kontakt 6.2.2 on Windows 10 x64 1909 keeps telling me that "The instrument belongs to a library that is not installed". I have zero issues with the hundreds of libraries that I have but this one library is giving me headaches.

Would anyone be so kind to share their NINCT for this library?

I tried the following, to no avail:
    - add it to database
    - remove all registry entries and try again
    - remove all xml from Service Center and try again
    - use the SPID number that Service Center expects from its xml file

But I get the same error, all the time.

I've been refraining for two days to ask in here because I knew for sure a solution was out already but I am really having an issue here and so, lastly, I decided to post the thread.

I thank you for the help and for the amazing info that is in here that I've been reading for weeks already.

Best,

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

What version do you have? There's a v2.1 version with official .nicnt file.

4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I just checked the old one and you don't need .nicnt file. It's one of those old but "official" libraries that can be added without .nicnt file.

5. puppi

puppi Member

Hi Xupito, thanks for coming in to the rescue. The version I have does not come with a ninct file so I guess it is the old one. I tried to add it.. no luck.. tried to use the file browser.. no luck. I guess I should try an older Kontakt like 5.6.6 as maybe it will work.

Is there any chance I get a PM with info on that 2.1? I am not obsessed with this library but need to recover an old session I did and just export a couple lines that really make the whole orchestration.. stupid me that I did not back the thing up or export renders to stems.. I learnt my lesson ;)

How would I load “normally” without adding? My guess is by using an older Kontakt.. as 6.2.2 seems to be unable to load it (as zi wrote above) even with the file browser..

6. vanderveil

vanderveil Member

7. puppi

puppi Member

Thanks VanderVeil for coming to the rescue. I did download the file and replaced the two files with yours.. but I still get the same issue.

Quick update on my Kontakt 6.2.2 standalone: it opens perfectly and works, I just had to wait a bit for the first run (I cannot believe I was this "rushy" :)).

Even in Standalone, I get the error message both in Libraries and in Files... basically saying the instrument belongs to a library that is not installed.

I noticed there is no XML file in:
    Code:
    c:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center
    I am going to try and create an XML manually, called "Symphonic Sphere.xml" by copying it from another one that is there.. maybe maybe maybe it will work.

Report coming soon.

UPDATE:

It works!

I had to create the following file in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center, called "Orchestral Sphere.xml", with these contents:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <ProductHints>
      <Product version="5">
        <UPID>6c30f6bb-27a5-4098-ac4d-117244a37cac</UPID>
        <Name>Symphonic Sphere</Name>
        <Type>Content</Type>
        <RegKey>Symphonic Sphere</RegKey>
        <SNPID>804</SNPID>
        <AuthSystem>RAS2</AuthSystem>
        <Relevance minVersion="2.1.0">
          <Application minVersion="5.8.0" nativeContent="true">Kontakt</Application>
          <Application minVersion="2.6.5" nativeContent="false">Maschine</Application>
          <Application minVersion="1.8.2" nativeContent="false">KKontrol</Application>
        </Relevance>
        <PoweredBy>Kontakt</PoweredBy>
        <Visibility type="Number">3</Visibility>
        <ProductSpecific>
          <HU>98D97B84A5E77989A92FAF8EB254FFB1</HU>
          <JDX>AD63D0106BFB9D7B2EFB7F44B19C034406BA2A00F5C2766F545E3D766C2FE8E7</JDX>
          <Visibility type="Number">3</Visibility>
        </ProductSpecific>
        <Company>Orchestral Tools</Company>
        <NKSEnabled minVersion="2.1.0">true</NKSEnabled>
        <Website>http://www.orchestraltools.com</Website>
        <Icon>kontakt</Icon>
      </Product>
    </ProductHints>

and then re-add the library in Kontakt (even if it was already showing up in my libraries), close Kontakt, open it again. Boom, it works!

I did use the files provided up here by VanderVeil. Not sure that was needed or not, but I did. However it only worked out once I created this XML file, manually.

I hope this helps other people whose libraries do not load and return that dreaded message. I marked this as [SOLVED]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  8. Nicholas Paul

Nicholas Paul Newbie