[SOLVED] Omnisphere 2.4.0f with Sonar 2017.10 problem...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Waver, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

Hi
    After the last omnisphere update I'm having a strange problem and its happening only in Sonar (x64 with win7 x64), (standalone is ok and other DAWs too) when I search for presets within Omnisphere or Keyscape I get Chinese letters in the search field and blank results. If I type one letter only it works but if I type for example Piano it doesnt. I tried reinstalling fonts, restoring them, I reinstalled Sonar, I changed language in Cakewalk Command Center between English, Japanese and Chinese and I cant fix it. Another guy has same problem. Help! :dunno::wtf::beg:

Update: seems we are screwed, I checked previous omnisphere 2.3.2h version and it did not have this problem...

Anyone with sonar and omnisphere having same problem?

3. Lunarpole

Lunarpole Platinum Record

Best Answer
    This thing is already discussed with Eric he said he will check with development team regarding this issue

4. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

Ah great! Thanks for letting me know! :wink:

5. vibetribe

vibetribe Ultrasonic

I haven't updated yet but when I do, I'll let you know, Waver. TBH, I wouldn't really be that upset about it personally as I've never used the search in either program. As long as the patches work, I'm satisfied. I don't have the Cakewalk Command Center installed and I'm wondering why you do.

6. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

I dont have it installed, I installed it for debugging and its now removed. I used it for changing languages in hopes of fixing the issue.
    Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  7. Lunarpole

Lunarpole Platinum Record

Yes this issue is also present in other DAW and with user also.

So he himself step in the matter and he was like he will check with his team. Hopefully we will have an another update from them.

But seriously as far as i am concerned i think new updates are very buggy I mean the most stable update i witness is 2.2.0g after that

omnipshere is become:mates: pain