SOLVED: Korg M1 Vsti Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by mrpsanter, Jan 18, 2020.

1. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Hi guys,

I'm using a drumkit on this Vsti and would like to output its sound to more than 1 channel inside my DAW for mixing purpose (ie separating the kicks, snare and so on). So far, I have only been able to output all the sounds to one channel but unable to separate the sounds to different channels.

I believe this should be possible since the plugin has many outputs as seen in my screenshot.

Anyone has a clue?

upload_2020-1-18_17-54-12.png

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Hiya.
    I'd have to reboot into my old drive to check this (meaning I can't be online!), because I don't remember M1 showing up with a multi-output option when loading the plugin...
    What DAW are you using, too? Coz in your mixer page, if it is a multi-channel instance of a plugin, the first channel should have a '+' sign to add the other audio channels to the mixer.
    And then, in Logic for instance, you 'Create Track' so that they also show up as MIDI tracks in your Arrangement page.

4. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Thanks for checking out,

I use Studio One and indeed, the option you mentionned in the mixer page is available for this plugin as can be seen in my screenshot.
    The drums of this instance should be on channels 2 to 5 in my setup.

upload_2020-1-18_19-35-14.png

5. Infidel

Infidel Producer

Solved?

6. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Not yet.

7. Smoove Grooves

okay. gis a mo' to reboot.

8. Smoove Grooves

Sorry for delay; on a coach. Tethered to phone, but bad connection.
    So I rebooted in 32/64bit OS, and as I implied in my first sentence, when loading the instrument, you should have 2 versions optional: M1 Stereo, and M1 Multi-Output.
    It worked fine in Logic 9 for me.
    I think the Stereo version will still show the options for outs, as in your pic, but won't matter if you didn't load the MO version.
    edit: sorry, just realised I deleted the wrong screengrab: I tested that it worked on all outs.
    Notice my first channel says M1 MO.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I only have one version available in S1 plugins list. I also checked the folder where the plugins are installed and there's only one DLL file related to the M1, not two.

I 'm on PC and I have the latest version of the plugin.

So basically, I should have two DLL files related to the M1? Are you on Mac or Win btw?

upload_2020-1-18_20-46-12.png

Edit: I see that you use Logic so it implies that you're on a Mac, please disregard my last question.

10. Smoove Grooves

Yes, Mac. v1.2.1 of M1.
    Hmm. Looking at your pic, if that first muted channel held the VSTi, and the channel wasn't just for audio but MIDI too, then muting it would be a no-no. Like if I muted the first 'track' of the M1 in Logic's Arrange window, it would affect all channels. In Logic we have the option to have both the MIDI track and the audio channel of each output represented seperately in the Arrange window, but if I hadn't created the arrange tracks and I muted the first one in the mixer, it would affect all outputs.

Maybe it is different on pc re. having two plugin versions, st. and MO? And maybe someone on pc can tell us.
    Otherwise, I'm sorry, I don't know what else to think of. I think I've covered all possibilities.
    I hope you get it sorted.

11. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciated. :wink:
    Will try to manage it.

12. Smoove Grooves

Ah. It's just one vsti/component, but it gives the option for Stereo or Multi-Output when choosing it.

13. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I think I kinda solved it, not sure if this is the right way but it's doing the trick anyway:

From the M1's main windows, I assigned different key ranges (snare, kick...) to the different outputs then each channel in the mixer is only receiving one sound.

Again, thanks for your help.

upload_2020-1-18_21-54-22.png

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  14. Smoove Grooves

Aha! Well done.
    Actually, that kind of makes sense, seeing as it's drums on different keys. Wouldn't have occured to me.
    And I've just realised, they are all in the same kit, not seperate patches of pads or whatever.
    So that's a pretty clever plugin!