[SOLVED] keyscape pianos crash my mac after I moved steam into an external hard drive

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by Gon131, May 4, 2020.

1. Gon131

Gon131 Newbie

Hey guys. I bought an ssd hard drive today and I moved the steam folder to hit and created an alias and all that shit.. (all according to https://www.spectrasonics.net) now everything worked great before I moved and everything still works smooth. except for the c7 pianos. every time I load them they crash logic and make me do a force quit. any solutions? maybe I should move the c7 pianos from the ssd to the Mac? and if thats the solution how do I do it?

3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

What is the size of that C7 piano db. It should be like 14GB. Moreover, if everything else is working, this piano should not be causing problems unless it incomplete. If you move it, Keyscape will show you errors because it only looks in the STEAM folder. Unless you link to it.

4. Gon131

Gon131 Newbie

hey pirate. an update: its quite random. even some of the original Omnisphere presets take a lot of time to load up. when I put a keyscape preset on. logic crashes or Omnisphere just won't make sounds.. everything worked very good before I moved the steam folder to the ssd . my ssd is a Samsung t5. so its not like I bought a cheap product.

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Vro Did you move everything? Did you leave anything behind? Are you on USB2 or USB3? Is your SSD aligned? What is the exact size of your Omnisphere folder inside STEAM and the Keyscape one?

• APFS (Apple File System): Latest Mac format for macOS High Sierra or later (10.13+).
    • Mac OS Extended (Journaled or HFS+): Mac format.
    • ExFAT: Windows compatible; general storage.
    Disk Utility tries to detect the type of storage and show the appropriate format in the Format menu. If it can't, it chooses Mac OS Extended, which works with all versions of macOS. If you want to change the format, answer these questions:

• Are you formatting the disk that came built into your Mac?
      If the built-in disk came APFS-formatted, don't change it to Mac OS Extended.
    • Are you about to install macOS High Sierra or later on the disk?
      If you need to erase your disk before installing High Sierra or later for the first time on that disk, choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled). During installation, the macOS installer decides whether to automatically convert to APFS—without erasing your files.
    • Are you preparing a Time Machine backup disk or bootable installer?
      Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for any disk that you plan to use with Time Machine or for a bootable installer.
    • Will you be using the disk with another Mac?
      If the other Mac isn't using High Sierra or later, choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Earlier versions of macOS don't work with APFS-formatted volumes.
    How to identify the format currently in use
    If you want to know which format is currently in use, use any of these methods:

• Select the volume in the Disk Utility sidebar, then check the information shown on the right. For more detail, choose File > Get Info from the Disk Utility menu bar.
    • Open System Information and select Storage in the sidebar. The File System column on the right shows the format of each volume.
    • Select the volume in the Finder, then choose File > Get Info from the menu bar. The Get Info window shows the Format of that volume

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  6. Gon131

Gon131 Newbie

im gonna pm u

7. Gon131

Gon131 Newbie

hey guys. I think my problem is with the ssd format. im gonna try to get the steam folder back to the Mac. erase the ssd change its format and then bring back the steam folder to the spectrsasonics folder

8. Gon131

Gon131 Newbie

if anyone has any tips on getting the steam folder back please message me. I don't want to ruin anything

9. Gon131

Gon131 Newbie

I changed the ssd format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and its working fast as hell. faster then it was before I had an external ssd. solved