[SOLVED] Blank window in both VST and standalone (Play 6 via CrossGridder)

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by MokuseiFolf13, Nov 14, 2023.

1. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Basically, I had installed EastWest Play 6.1.9 by R2R, as well as installing the Visual C++ redist (x64) package. But unfortunately opening either the plugin or standalone PLAY program, I'm met with an enigmatic blank window, which I'll provide a screenshot. Nothing else had been installed in the bottle that should conflict with play, not even a library has been installed (yet). So I'm not exactly sure on what to do at this point. This is essentially the only way I can get my PLAY fix at the moment. Please let me know what can be done about this, any and all help is greatly appreciated!! Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 11.33.19.png
    Above is only the standalone application. Thankfully doesn't crash AudioGridder. I am aware that an initial install has the "Missing Parts" dilemma, and I am looking into that.

EDIT: Even after installing the "Core Fonts" package, there doesn't seem to be any fonts or even words displaying indicating the missing parts error. Apparently those Linux boys figured it out using winetricks, and of course there isn't any discernible documentation on getting mscorefonts installed into any bottle within CrossOver 23 as far as I am aware. Otherwise, other plugins I've tested don't have this issue.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
  3. CAMILOSTATIS

CAMILOSTATIS Noisemaker

did you ever fix this issue?

4. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic